The eye of the storm

En başından başla

But seeing him like this... he knows it is hard for YU. His emotion was not stable these days and he is one step from breaking down if he was placed under stress. That's why he wasn't comfortable leaving him alone. But he has no choice... real-life consists of work too and he was needed here. Juggling a complicated love life and a complicated work such as the Heartbeat app was draining Sam emotionally.

He loved his boyfriend and he cares about this project. Both of them are important to him. If only he could split his soul into two, the other half would fuse to YU and the other remains in this body so he can work...

Sam sighed after he wipes his teary face. What a wishful thinking. What a wishful thinking...

He continues watching till the end and when YU's face comes near the camera and whispers, "I wish you were here with me tonight..." Sam touched YU's crying face through the screen and replies back as if he could hear him. "I wish you were here too. I wish I was there too."

He closed his eyes to calm his raging emotion, but seeing this video makes him agitated. He didn't know why, but it felt like something bad will happen if he doesn't come home.

Sam stood up from his seat and pace around the room. He then looks on his laptop and remembers the mess Heartbeat US version is turning out to be. The number of samples they have was also higher than before for the US population is bigger than Taiwan will ever be. He tries to calm himself down. He still has a few more days, as long as he works his ass off he can go home on the right day.

But his guts were not quieting down. He doesn't understand why dread was now consuming him like this. He was restless these past days but now seeing YU like that makes him nervous that he might not take his absence well for too long.

He knows that anyone who would hear his thoughts right now would think he was just overreacting. That his boyfriend is a grown man who can fend for himself. But he saw how Yusuke breaks down. How he wanted his company and presence. How he can be the only one who can calm and help him sleep when he was being wreaked with nightmares. Not to mention the timing was off. 

Sam scratched his head frustratedly. He took his laptop and slip it into his suitcase. He will think about it in his hotel room. Seeing the entire Heartbeat mess will only force his brain to choose to stay instead of leaving.

He reaches for Bing Wei's phone and heads outside the office. His assistant was standing not far away so he approached him and gave back the phone. "Thank you for showing me the video. Can you do me a favor? Please make sure to brief the executives about what they need to do in my absence. I will make sure to work even during my flight home and will send them the needed details and solutions to the loopholes. Coordinate with me, Bing Wei. I'll give you a call once I set foot on Taiwan."

After his assistant nods his head, Sam turns around and heads out of the Cache building. He was given a chauffeur-driven car to get him to and fro the office so he slips inside the open car door and he instructed to be dropped off at his hotel.

He texted Bing Wei to forward him the video. He would rewind it over and over until he was back in his lover's embrace. He wanted to call him now to tell him about his early flight. But when he was about to dial him, he realized it would be better if he could surprise him. Sam has a certain preference in YU's shock face that he find so adorable.

Finally smiling after the past week of stress and worries, Sam looks out of the car window as he wonders what gift he should buy for YU. He searched on his phone but he stops for a moment when he saw a piece of news saying that the strongest hurricane to ever hit California will arrive tomorrow morning. He wanted to clap his back for deciding to go home today while the weather is still fairly decent.