Chapter Two: The Sacrifice of a Princess

"Then I need you to help me, or, I should say come with me to a place that needs the two of us to help it."

Tetsuya carefully listened to Ume's request. He had a feeling that he already knew what his Princess was going to ask of him and even though he would basically do anything Ume would ask, he still couldn't disobey the orders of his Emperor.

"Please Tetsuya, that village needs our help. We can't just abandon them and let them be wiped out by the enemy. The other villages will see this as a betrayal to them and they will start to fear and hate us!"

Tetsuya saw the desperation in his Princess' eyes. He knew that if he didn't go with her, she would go off on her own anyway, and that would be a bigger problem than the two of them going together.

"You know your father will be angry with us if we go. He said he wasn't sending anyone to the village."

"My father said he wasn't going to send members if the Royal Army. The two of us aren't part of the Royal Army, we're part of the Elite forces. We're able to do what they cannot. Please Tetsuya, help me help our people!" Ume grabbed a hold of Tetsuya's shoulders. Gripping on them so tightly that her hands were starting to shack. He looked off to the corner of the garden. A shadow stood there in silence but not in secret. Tetsuya knew who it was, so he also knew a message would be relayed back to their leader and the rest of the Emperor's Six Warriors.

"Alright Princess. Let's go quickly before someone finds out."

Ume's eyes filled up with extreme happiness. She'd be able to show her father that no village would have to be sacrificed when it came to war. Anyone could be saved if there was someone who was willing to step in and help.

The two quickly grabbed a few things before jumping onto the roof. Ume was the first to jump down to the other side. Before jumping down, himself, Tetsuya looked back into the garden. Letting out a heavy sigh he jumped down. At the same time a kunai that all members of the Emperor's Six Warriors carried on them landed near the center tree that sat in the garden.

When both Ume and Tetsuya were gone the figure that was hiding in the shadows stepped out into the moonlight, Ryōta Kise. He stood at the corner of the long wooden deck with his arms crossed over his chest and a smile on his face.

"Looks like those two are going to get themselves into some serious trouble. I guess I should go tell the others about this." Ryōta walked over to the kunai that Tetsuya had thrown before leaving with Princess Ume. Attached to it was a note.

"Tell the others. I know you heard everything. Now go, and don't be late." Ryōta read out loud to himself. "That Kurokocchi really has a way with words."

On the other side of the compound, the other members of the Emperor's Six Warriors were busy trainer with their Sensei, Shūzō Nijimura. Daiki Amoine was facing off against the group's leader Seijūrō Akashi. Both are strong and powerful warriors; all members of the Emperor's Six Warriors are. Each chosen from the Emperor himself and then recruited by Shūzō Nijimura.

The first to be selected by the Emperor was Tetsuya Kuroko, to protect his daughter and be her shadow. Tetsuya was born within the walls of the palace and since the day he was born he has been trained by Shūzō and has the Emperor's greatest respect.

The second member to join was Shintarō Midorima. Just like Tetsuya, he was born within the walls of the palace. His parents were good friends of the Emperor. His father being the Emperor's adviser, a position that Shintarō is working hard to obtain as well.

Third to join the was Daiki Amoine. Before being recruited by the Emperor and Shūzō Nijimura, Daiki lived his life as a Mercenary. A hired soldier that many Emperors or Warlords would hire if they wanted someone taken care of. He didn't do it for money like people might think. He mostly did it to show off his skills, face off against strong opponents and girls.