He seemed to pick up my train of thought, because he leaned back.

"I have to tell you something. But before that, you have to see a few people."

I nodded my head. "My aunt." I said.

He grinned and his eyes flashed for a second in gold. My jaw dropped.

"Kiel, your eyes..." I whispered.

Kiel blinked, before he realised what I was talking about.

"It's part of what I have to tell you." He said, seeming excited. I threw him a dubious look, but couldn't stop the smile that took over my face.

He held his hand out, "Come with me." He said.

Always, I thought.

He took my hand then twirled me around like we were dancing, turning me to face the door and he walked us out.

When I started to walk towards my aunt's room, Kiel held fast and shook his head, jerking his chin to the direction he wanted us to go.

"You don't want to go there," He said, a small frown on his face.

I thought back to the time I had projected and seen my aunt...surrounded by dark magic. Magic that had bled through the reality of the room and affected me in spirit form.

I shuddered a little, and Kiel threw me a sidelong glance in question.

I swallowed and told him what I'd seen, and watched as his eyes took on a faraway look and realised he was watching the scene happen in my memories.

Kiel nodded slowly, "She was trying to break out of Malcolm's hold on her. She was finally free after we won the battle."

I thought about it and mused, "Like how I got my powers once we were really far away from him."

Kiel nodded, throwing me a grin.

He then stopped in front of a room and opened the door. I was immediately enveloped in a hug from Derek.

"You sleep way too long," Derek grumbled before pulling away and letting Jet hug me.

I chuckled as Jet said, "We had to stop him from waking you up like five times."

"Why'd you want to wake me up?" I asked, cocking my head at Derek, who looked like he was ready to jump out of his skin.

But my eyes moved away from him and fell on the figure lying on the bed. I sucked in a breath as I saw my aunt, gaunt and weak looking with her eyes closed on a bed. I could practically hear my heart break as I sped towards her.

"Aunt Glinda?" I whispered, running my hands over her sunken cheeks, pushing away tangled grey strands of hair.

"We found her this way and moved her here. Some of the other Witches here took care of her clothing and bathed her. They said that she was in something like a magic induced coma." Kiel murmured, having come to stand behind me, his hands on my waist.

I pressed my eyes closed.

"Magic induced coma?" I whispered, having not liked the sound of it as soon as I heard it.

"She used too much of..." Kiel trailed off, unsure what to say.

"Bad magic?" I asked, my voice catching on the word. She'd paid a price for it.

Kiel was silent and I took his silence as an answer. I was right.

This was my fault.

"No," three voices said.