What is love?

What is love? That's a question I ask myself all the time. 

"What is love to me?", As a teenager there are so many versions of love to us. 

So I've done some research on the different types of love, and have come up with a little summary of what they are in our eyes. In later chapters, I will go deeper into what they are for us.

For example: 

Eros (sexual passion); Basically sexual love. It's all about the kissing and the steamy makeout sessions stolen when our parent's arent home. Sexual love is sex, and lust for someone else, in our eyes.

Philia (deep friendship); This love for us is basically that one friend who you think of like a brother or sister. You'd die for them, and they'd die for. That one person we tell everything.That one person who makes you feel not judged. That one person that you feel actually cares.

Ludus (playful love); For us, this "type" of love, is basically flirting. You know that one guy/girl who always teases you in front of your friends, or playfully punches you. That's Ludus.

Agape (love for everyone); Agape is a spiritual kind of love, involving enormous empathy. This kind of love means that we accept, forgive and trust others. So basically I think that's the idea of loving that bully when they don't love you, I guess. Being nice to that nerd in your class. etc 

Pragma (longstanding love); Ok so this is long-lasting love, like staying in love instead of just falling in love. Teenagers don't exactly know that love from what I know. Cause I mean, we're not married or anything.

Philautia (love of the self); Love of self. Loving ourselves is very important in teens, cause honestly(And I think yall know this.) We're probably like some of the most insecure people in the world, and often we can't love ourselves. Life is a bitch, and there's nothing we can do about it. Philautia isn't just loving ourselves by saying it like

"I love you tia, you're special." No, it's taking days to yourself, Getting ice cream, and reading a book, sitting in the park. Hanging out with your family.

Storge (family love); Family. Family love is so important to teens, I don't know how to say this, but it is. So important. If we don't feel love from our families we'll most often find it in other places. Family love brings us up, and it also helps with Philautia. Family love is essential.

Mania (obsessive love); So I think you know, obsessive love. I think obsessive love is also one thing we experience as teens. And I'm not talking about having a favorite celeb, and obsessing over them. (I'm guilty of that.) It's more like, jealousy, hanging on to someone when they want to be let go. Like that one boyfriend/girlfriend who you can't break up with even though they want to break up with you. Being obsessive only hurts us more. I feel like. I mean I've had those instances but it helps to let them go.

Thanks yall for reading this I hope you liked it,

Tia Willis