-

Ellie had already taken a shower and gotten ready to pretend to fall asleep at around 10. The other campers lights were out, and soft snores came from their mouths.
       She grabbed her shoes, pocket knife and a mosquito repellent bracelet then made her way, quietly, out of the cabin.
       Her trip there was short and breezy, she knew the way like the back of her hand.
       "Nick," she called as she opened the door to science and nature. It was eerie and dark, and for a second, Ellie wasn't sure if he was here yet. She walked deeper into the cabin, taking careful steps until she reached the back table. After feeling around for a second, the click of a lamp was heard and the room was lit up by the small light bulb.
Ellie turned on her heel, only to be met face to face with Nick.
"Jesus, creep. We're you just quietly standing there waiting to scare the shit out of me?" She scolded, and a smile crept onto his face.
"I didn't think you would come," he stated.
"Stacey has night terrors. She wakes up about fifty times in the first hour of her sleep. She has to talk to someone in order for her to fall back asleep," Ellie explained, thinking of the small girl.
Nick stopped and stared, smiling at the dark headed girl, "you're really good with kids, how?"
"Just because I talk to the poor girl when she has nightmares?" Ellie chuckled.
"Yesterday, you told me you hated the lake. But you were willing to jump in and save a kid if they were drowning. It seems like you know exactly what to say when Stacey has nightmares. The campers are loving the new counselor Slater. Going to be honest, I'm kind of jealous," he joked.
"We can't have a legacy for everything."
"Ouch."
"Why did you ask me here, Nick? For my secrets to babysitting?" Ellie questioned.
Nick thought for a moment, his gaze lingering on the girls face, "I kissed you yesterday. The night before that, we slept together-"
"-slept next to each other-"
"-Now I'm wondering, who is this girl that has totally got a crush on me?" He dared.
"You wish. You're the one who's got a thing for me, Goode."
"All I'm saying is, I want to get to know you," Nick sat down on one of the benches, with an open spot for Ellie to join.
"What do you want to know?" She asked, not sitting but rather pacing around, looking at the insects.
"Anything," there was a moment of silence before he spoke up again, "what's your favorite color?"
Ellie laughed before she answered, "dark green. What about yours?"
"Yellow. Do you have any pets?"
"A dog, his name is Max. Favorite band or solo artist?"
"Aerosmith. How's your life at home?" Nick's question caught Ellie off guard, and she made him a funny face.
"My life at home? Uh... it's not like my life at camp," she didn't want to give him a real answer, she didn't want to have to lie to him.
"That's not a real answer," he laughed.
"That's all you're getting. Uh, what's your favorite book?"
"Salem's Lot. What do you want to be when you're older?"
"I thought these were suppose to be easy questions," Ellie shoved her hands in her pockets.
"Says who? There are no rules to the game," Nick stated, his voice raspy.
"God, I hate spiders," Ellie whispered, bending over a table and observing the same spider she held a few nights ago.
"Why you dodging my questions?"
"Why do you care?" Ellie stood, looking at Nick.
"I'm just curious."
"I haven't figured that out yet," Ellie lied, "next question."
"Come on-"
"Why are you so full of shit?" Ellie questioned.
"What?" Nick laughed, now face to face with Ellie.
"Nick Goode, heir apparent. Daddy was the police chief, king of Sunnyvale. Now you're going to be the same. Except it's all make-believe," she began, "the truth is, you like Stephen King and spiders and... the girl from Shadyside."
"Alright, first of all, Stephen King is, like, super popular. And second, I can't like the girl from Shadyside." Nick stated.
"Oh yeah?" Ellie's eyebrows furrowed as he spoke.
"Her brother might kill me," he stated, raising both of his eyebrows, "plus, how will I ever get to know her when she keeps dodging my questions?" Nick sat down, again keeping a space for Ellie on his left. Ellie took the seat with her arms crossed.
"Do you even want to be sheriff?" She asked.
He looked at her, his eyebrows now furrowed. Why was she asking?
He was quiet, leaving Ellie to speak again, "what? Now you're dodging my questions?"
He gave a mischievous grin, "I know a way we can both always get answers."
Ellie's face scrunched up, "what?"
"Truth or strip."
Ellie gave a loud chuckle, "you're joking."
"No! I'm serious... unless you don't want. I guess we'll never really know each other."
"Okay, fine. You're on, Goode."

The first piece of clothing off was Ellie's sleep button up. But they both found themselves in their undergarments pretty soon.
       Nick watched as Ellie slipped off the brown tank top she was wearing, throwing it on the floor next to her other clothes. She was now seated next to him, only in her bra and underwear. Nick had seen this much of her before, back when they had lifeguard duty and she was in her bikini. It felt different to him, only he could see her right now. She was beautiful. She wasn't the only vulnerable person, he was only wearing boxers.
        "Nick, you want me to be honest with you?," Ellie asked in a whisper.
         "Of course."
         "I don't like you, or- I don't like you like you think I do."
         "Let me change that," he slowly reached up for her sharpened jawline, clasping it with his right hand and caressing her cheek. His left hand reached for her hip, his fingers tightly gripping around her, bringing her body on top of his. Ellie's arms wrapped around his neck as he laid her down on the bench.
The two teenagers lips were met in the middle, they shared a long, passionate kiss. Nick's hand roamed her body as he continuously deepened the kiss . He abruptly stopped, lifting his hand and breathing deeply.
  "Did you hear that?" He questioned, looking around and out of the windows.
"No, what did you hear?" The girl panted, trying to catch her breath.
"There's someone out there," Nick panicked. A twig snapped in the distance, near the front doors, and a flashlight shined inside.
"Is there someone in there?"
"Holy shit, it's fucking Tommy and Kurt," Ellie whispered, quickly getting off of Nick and grabbing her clothes.
"Cmon, we don't have time," Nick rushed as she was trying to put her clothes back on. The girl grabbed the entire pile, running to the window. There was a loud clank behind them, but they were more concerned about other things.
They heard the front doors unlock and Kurt and Tommy walked in, looking around.
Ellie and Nick were long gone by the time the older counselors were finished checking the place for anyone. The two walked to Ellie's cabin first.
"So, did I change your mind?"
          Ellie chuckled, "what do you think this is, Nick?"
          "Something that could work out," he answered.
          "Why do you want it to work out? What's your intentions?" Ellie joked, making herself sound like an obnoxious father the night his daughter goes to prom.
          "This could be fun."
          "Fucking? Or nearly fucking in an old wooden cabin at midnight?"
          "Being with you," he shrugged slightly, turning his heels to face the opposite way, "but, uh, I know you have a crush on me."
          Ellie let out a snort, "in your fucking dreams, maybe."
"Goodnight, Ellie," he called.
          "Night, dickhead," she turned around swiftly, unlocking the cabin door and slipping inside, leaving Nick to walk himself to his own cabin.

{August 9, 2021. 12:25 p.m. 2194 words.}

Thanks for tuning in again.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I was sick and trying to get better before classes start soon.
Twitter for updates; @dokiewrites
<3