Happy birthday, Kei!

[3rd Person POV]

"Ahhhh...."

August 1, a random day of the year, but this day turns out to be the date of birth of the Middle School's Student Council Treasurer, Kei Shirogane.

Instead of a day filled with celebrations and fun times, it is simply a day as any with additional pain in the behinds.

That being, her having caught her brother slipping a 1000 yen bill inside her wallet while she wasn't looking, her father also doing the same while also buying her 3 new ribbons for her hair.

Despite the Shirogane Family having agreed to continue living their birthdays normally because of the constant need for budget, it doesn't stop both her father and older brother from doting on her.

She couldn't help but sigh, her eyebrows furrowing in slight-irritation. It's not like that she isn't grateful, but there are more things they could've done with that money. They're just treating her like a child at this point.

Having only just exited her part-time job, she has plenty of time for herself while she walked home. She had received many greetings from people, such as her closest friend Moeha, her older sister Chika, and of course, Kaguya; as well as the Student Council members, and a handful of classmates.

Though, there is one person she's expecting a greeting from.

Y/N, a boy she had a crush with for quite some time now. He hasn't even made an appearance.

This is one of the reasons the girl kept on checking her phone, as she found it impossible for him to not have found out about the date of her birth, despite not telling him.

'Wait, aren't I acting like a jerk?'
Kei thought to herself, as she went over her thoughts again.

She lightly tapped the side of her head as a way of punishing herself.

Still, him not making an appearance made her feel a little lonely, she realized just how much of an impact he is in her life.

'I want to see him...'
She found herself thinking this, before being a little flustered.

Telling him all about her feelings isn't as easy as it sounded, she used to think it was when she would read manga and the main characters simply refused to put all the shyness aside and confess their feelings, now she fully understood just how much of a daunting task this is, because you never really know what the other is thinking. And in Y/N's case, it's nigh-impossible, the boy is very unpredictable.

Kei never really thought about what made her have a crush on him, he's a flirt, he's a liar, he always relishes in her suffering by teasing her and laughing at her flustered face.

But he's also reliable, surprisingly caring, and strong in more ways than one...which made him a very good friend. Though Kei knows she likes him more than that, and that's what confuses her the most. He's done things that most friends would've done, heck even going out to parks and the like is something she's already done with Moeha and some of her friends.

But why is Y/N so special? What was so different about him that made her feel this way?

It was this over-pondering that made her fail to realize that she was almost home, but it didn't fail her to see the one she had been wanting to see the most.

Y/N sat below the shade of a tree, he didn't wore his usual outfit that make him look like an escapee from a Mental Hospital. No, he wore a simple jeans, black shoes, black long-sleeved shirt, then it was topped on by a thin, but slightly-oversized white short-sleeved hoodie.

His scarf was use to tie his hair back into a small ponytail, and he looked adorable to be honest.
((I'm just imagining Kokichi's hair, if you have shorter hair that would make this hairstyle impossible, or none at all, please ignore this))