nineteen

NINETEEN: MOU IKAI

━━━━━━━ ━━

Sometimes, you wake up happy. And sometimes you don't. It's as simple as that; having blue birds fly in the sky or not.

Before meeting your bedroom ceiling, a void of darkness you have yet to uncover. Sometimes it may be scary, sometimes it may be empty. Your feet don't touch no flooring, nor does it reach no plafond. It is out of your reach, completely. Don't bother chasing or messing with what happens in the black vacuum. You don't want to touch it; you don't need to.

However, unfortunately those that peek over the dark cloth, sometimes remembers a little tale from the old mind.

━━

Cries that wisp through the air outside, could be met with the sizzling of a pan. Crisp and crackling; it looked dry. Our brunette stood in front of a hot pan, frizzling some eggs it was. Brown that surrounded the wet white, a long time it has been since she made breakfast.

Her hand held the opened shell, jagged ends. She stared at the squealing skillet, "Already the end of term huh..."

White plate; toast and eggs. It wasn't nothing much, well, never did she really appetize herself in food. Never did she really have homemade meals. Lightly picking up her knife and fork, she was going to enjoy this meal. Today, she's going out—with friends. Probing questions, she'll deal with that later. Tsuki. She's going to enjoy today.

━━

Lights that flashed across the passing glass, Tsuki awaits with a relaxed posture. Quick, the bullet train was going. It was going to be a long ride. Closing her dampened eyes, "To Jujutsu Tech."

Late morning, gloomy it looked. It was confirmed that rain was going to fall around evening. Though, never trust weather reports. Lies they tell sometimes.

As the train rode through the breaking rails, a little over the hills, a party that was going to be commenced. Welcome and farewell, students will be leaving and coming. New ones come for first years, old ones for the last. Tsuki was invited to meet everyone, moreas officially meet the first years. Adding onto the agenda, she is deciding, going to answer, the question they have been longing for. Since third year students will be starting the following week, no more of a perfect time for decision-making. One week off. New school year. Decision.

It wasn't that she was going to answer their will today, though, she has a general idea... It is a gathering party, so be it. New faces, perhaps familiar voices. "Next stop: Tokyo Metropolitan-"

Opening doors, she exited. Walking to the new-built exit courses, Tsuki used the route-cuts to her convenience. A bag that hides scents of sweet, a protagonist walked the new path.

━━

Muddy, the ground was. Dark goo that coated brown-eyes' shoes, it's a hassle walking up the mountains. Drops that dripped onto her silk brown beige, the tree aimlessly shifted towards her way. Trailing behind her prints that laid, having to hear the drops that fade; drip drop. Clicks that echo in the ear, Tsuki listened attentively to. It was like a little child dawdling behind her. Curious. Dumb. Child.

Perhaps it was the fact that the girl was in a good mood, not being bothered by the droplets falling. Or perhaps the child following, looked cute to her. A bit of a bold assumption—intriguing I would say. Though, she was starting to understand. Understand that a waving child is looking at her. It tinged her heart blue a little.

━━

Tracing the old tall buildings, Tsuki headed towards the dorms. The party was apparently being held in Megumi's room (Gojo suggested). She walked past the long hallways, how—attractive it looked to her. The board was firmed with a hammer, walls that were built with wooden. It all seemed so welcoming to her—old relative vibes. It holds the comfort of a new visitor, how nice.

'Fushiguro Megumi' the label read.

Wavy locks found the door to a large crowd, well, shortly saying, it was a cramped room. A few teachers with Gojo, and students from three year groups. She gazed at the scene before her, 'Pretty.'

"Tsuki!" the said girl tilted her head to the playful voice, waving at him with lopsided lips.

"Nani nani? You look awfully in a good mood today," Gojo said with wide eyes.

"Shut up." Tsuki stared at him dumbfoundedly.

"Ehh, you're a little late to the clock," he laughed it off.

"Says the one who told me to get here by noon." "Oh wait, here." boxes of packed treats wrapped in pretty pink plastic, subtly the memento were held between soft palms. "I forgot to give it to you guys earlier, but they're the treats back from my trip," she waved at the others with the snacks.

"Ah, arigato Tsuki-senpai," Megumi said as he eyed the food she held.

"Oh and-" putting down her bought sweets, she took out a bundle of goods, "I knew I haven't really met you all yet, so I made some fried chicken from my hometown." said Tsuki with her head tilted.

"Usually they have it with beer, which is why they call it chimaek—chicken and beer." finding herself explaining cheerily.

"Ooh, arigato Tsuki-senpai!" a chirpy voice exclaimed.

The said student glanced towards the exclaimed. He had tinted pink hair, plastered a bright expression. Before Tsuki could question the familiarity of him, the boy interrupted, "Nice to officially meet you, Itadori Yuji!" he beamed at her.

"Ah, so you were the kids with Fushiguro-kun... Nice to meet you too," admiring his glazed positivity.

"Oh! Oh! That girl eating the pizza there is Kugisaki!" the introduced boy pointed at a ginger.

"Oi! I can introduce to her myself!" as the Nobara stomped her way towards the brunette.

"Kugisaki Nobara!" the girl said with fierce.

"Takahashi Tsuki. Tsuki is fine."

"Kochi kochi Tsuki-senpai! We have some 'zza for you!" the energetic boy dragged the senpai away.

"Hai-"

━━

Comfort. Even in a packed room, one that only has a bed and a table. Cheer and chatter; it was like a soothing rub on the back. Being bombarded with questions by Megumi's friends,

Tsuki got to be involved by a mere second. As if a welcoming enchant, blessed her to be surrounded by acceptance. Faces that glistened with brightness, shoulders that were loosened. Dipping their ego down, allowing their self-sentiment to guide them. Smiles and laughs that concealed the rain to be descried. Counting down the drips that dropped, raindrops that fell never had an endless amount. Nature's reminder kept clicking—it was just a gathering, leaving and coming.

Staring at their beaming features, Tsuki eased herself with the heart-warming atmosphere. Hearing the ticking of the droplets, she tried ignoring the beating clock,

"Just... a little longer..."

━━ ━━━━━━━

(word count: 1129)

sorry that the update was delayed

i struggled a bit writing this chapter

two more chapters till this book ends TT (i expect

but a new jjk book will be out the same day this book ends !

(pure smiles only: inumaki x oc)

further information will be announced at the end of this book! (also on my profile

anyways, thank you all so much for the support!

i didn't expect my first book to be this many reads/hearts/support, so thank you!

have a nice day lovelies <3