˜*•.𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

Though it sounded childish, you were waiting for him to make the first move and kiss you.

"Come on, let's get you home," he finally said, standing up and pushing his chair in.

"Oh. Okay," you reply, a tad disappointed.

As you walked to the car, you tried to rid your thoughts of kissing Kazutora. Why were you so upset that he didn't kiss you? If it were any other lousy pervert of a man, you would've been overjoyed.

"Come on beautiful, keep up," Kazu turned around to tell you.

"Yeah. Sorry," you apologized.

The car ride was mostly spent in silence. Instead of handing you his phone like last time, Kazu chose a playlist and let it play softly in the background.

"So how do you feel about being a member of Tōman now?" he finally asked.

"I don't know. It's kind of surreal. A lot has happened in the last 24 hours, so I'm still processing it all," you replied, gazing out the window.

"I understand. Was Baji treating you alright when you were at his house?"

You turned to face your date. "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"No reason. He just isn't the nicest guy," he shrugged.

Nodding your head in agreement, you replied, "No that's true. He has a bit of a temper but he was still nice in his own way."

Once more, you think back to Baji. Why am I thinking so much about him, you wondered. He was a total dick during your last interaction. He didn't deserve your lingering thoughts of him.

"We're here," Kazu said, placing his hand on your knee and giving it a squeeze.

"Oh. Thank you Kazu," you smiled genuinely. "I had a really good time."

"Good. I'm glad. Maybe we can do this another time," he speculated, kissing the back of your hand.

"Yeah sure," you replied before getting out of the car. "Just call me."

You watched as he drove off in the direction of his house. Turning around to walk into your apartment building, you were greeted by the doorman.

"Good evening sweetheart," he smiled.

"Good evening Mr. Kuhane. How are you doing on this fine evening?" you stopped to ask him.

"I'm doing even better now that I've seen you!" he cheerfully replied.

Mr. Kuhane was a long-time family friend, on your mother's side. After she passed, he vowed to look after you from a distance. When you moved into your current apartment, he opted to become the doorman, much to your dismay. You wanted the older man to live his life as he chose, but he said he'd rather honor your mother's dying wish, which was to watch out for you.

"You were gone for a while," he continued. "Business trip again?"

"Yeah something like that," you sighed, pushing the elevator button.

"Well, I won't keep you back. Enjoy the rest of your night," he smiled brightly.

"Do the same Kuhane!" you chuckled, stepping into the elevator.

Once you reached the penthouse floor, you kicked off your heels and headed straight for the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

Leaning against the marble counter, you thought back to your date with Kazutora. He's cute, but you just don't feel that fire like you do with Baji.

Suddenly, you heard a loud crash come from your bedroom.

"What the fuck. WHO'S THERE?" you shouted from the kitchen.