˜*•.𝚜𝚒𝚡

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. We make good money in Tōman," he proudly smiled.

"I see. I've got to jump on the bandwagon!"

He chuckled while opening the car door for you. "Ladies first," he smiled, guiding you to the passenger seat. Baji needs to take some lessons from Kazutora.

"So...are you going to keep it a surprise until we get there?" you asked curiously as he stepped into the car and started the engine.

"Yes," he replied, resting his hand on your thigh and driving off.

"Here," he gestured, handing you his phone.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Choose a song."

"Oh. Well what do you like?" you asked, scrolling through his playlists.

"It doesn't matter. Just choose a playlist you like," he replied, keeping his eyes on the road in front of him.

"Hmm..." you said aloud to yourself.

Just as you were about to click on a playlist you liked, a silent notification popped up on his phone.

It read, "hey don't try to seduce the new girl already. you know how you get." It was from someone named Pah-Chin.

"What the fuck?" you said, a little bit too loud.

"What happened?" he glanced at you.

"Oh nothing." you tried to avoid causing a scene so you thought up a quick lie. "I didn't know you listened to Frank Ocean."

You hadn't even seen if that artist was even on your date's playlist.

"Oh. I didn't know I had any of his songs on my playlist," he chuckled.

You chuckled right along with him, hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

The rest of the car ride was spent in some silence, with you occasionally humming and singing along to the songs that came on the playlist. Kazu glanced at you from time to time, tapping his thumbs to the beat.

"We're here!" he exclaimed, pulling into the valet of a very distinguished-looking restaurant.

"No way. This place is so expensive!" Even though you could afford to eat here, because of your father's money, you chose to live a humble life and work for your own money. So coming to places like this was not exactly at the top of your priority list.

Speaking of which, you realized you hadn't been to work in the past week. I've got to sort that out later...

"Have you ever been here before?" Kazu asked, handing the car keys to the valet driver and walking to your side to open the door.

"I have, but just one time. Not the greatest moment of my life," you reminisced, stepping out of the car.

"Well hopefully you'll have a better time with me," he smiled widely.

"Yeah maybe," you smirked.

Once again, as they walked into the restaurant, he kept his hand on your lower back. Before you read his text, you wouldn't have minded his hand resting there, but now you were questioning his intentions.