𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓

Start from the beginning

when he opened the door there was no one there, well that's what he thought. he heard little laughs, and when he looked down he saw a smiling baby in a carseat with a note attached to the handle. finn picked up the note and read it.

dear finn,
i only know your name and where you live because my brother told me you guys had became friends or whatever. she's yours. i can't and don't want to take care of her since i'm going off to college, so she's your responsibility now. her birth date is february 14th (yes valentine's day) and she doesn't have a name so you can name her whatever. also, if you don't believe she's yours flip the paper and you'll see proof.

- sincerely, your baby momma tasha :)

finn flipped the paper over and scanned the page. it had tests results, baby fingerprints, and a picture of a birth certificate. "this can not be happening right now." he said with a groan. he was fourteen and a dad? what the hell. he looked down at the baby before picking the car seat up and brought her inside.

he sat on the couch holding the baby in his hands, she was crying and so was he. he didn't know what to do, and it was stressing him out. "please stop crying." he said rocking her. he shouldn't have gone to that stupid party. "are you hungry?" he asked, but she just cried louder. "you could have just said no." he mumbled with a sigh.

finn decided to try what he had saw on tv once, singing. he wasn't a good singer or anything but it was worth a shot.

oh, why you look so sad?
tears are in your eyes
come on and come to me now
don't be ashamed to cry
let me see you through
'cause i've seen the dark side too
when the night falls on you
you don't know what to do
nothing you confess
could make me love you less

she began to quiet down as he sung the lyrics softly. maybe he wasn't a bad singer.

i'll stand by you
i'll stand by you
won't let nobody hurt you
i'll stand by you

so if you're mad, get mad
don't hold it all inside
come on and talk to me now
hey, what you got to hide?
i get angry too
well i'm a lot like you
when you're standing at the crossroads
and don't know which path to choose
let me come along
'cause even if you're wrong

i'll stand by you
i'll stand by you
won't let nobody hurt you
i'll stand by you
take me in, into your darkest hour
and i'll never desert you
i'll stand by you

she had fell asleep, but finn continued to sing quietly while standing up and rocking her.

and when...
when the night falls on you, baby
you're feeling all alone
you won't be on your own

i'll stand by you
i'll stand by you
won't let nobody hurt you

i'll stand by you
take me in, into your darkest hour
and i'll never desert you
i'll stand by you
i'll stand by you
won't let nobody hurt you
i'll stand by you
won't let nobody hurt you
i'll stand by you

"what are you doing?" he heard the voice of his mother say. how was he gonna explain to his mother that he had disappointed her in every way possible. he turned to face her and when he did carole's eyes went wide. "finn, who's baby are you holding?" she asked.

"mine." he said not looking her in the eyes, but instead looking at the little girl who he still had to name. "i'm serious, who's baby is that?" carole said coming closer to the two. "i'm serious too, she's really mine. i'm sorry."