Chapter 2- The art class

After drawing with Mr. Helen for 30 minutes the rest of your class came in as the bell rang. Some of the other students began to look t you and Mr. Helen and then whisper to each other. The thing that got you worried the most was when you saw the classroom bullies Jacky and her little gang start whispering amongst one another. "Ok y/n we will continue that private lesson tomorrow." Mr. Helen smiled at you kindly as he stood in front of the white board.

      "Everyone take your seats!" Mr. Helen shouted over the some what loud whispers of students. "I am the new art teacher Mr. Helen." He announced with a straight face as he no longer smiled. "Alright everyone would you all mind telling me your names and a little bit about yourselves." Mr. Helen said as the rest of your class began to introduce themselves and say something about them. "Wonder why he wants to know a little bit about all of us. Well he is a new teacher..." you thought to yourself as Mr. Helen pointed at you and the other two students at your table.

      "M-my name is Jessie, and I like art and music... " The boy sitting beside you stuttered as you kindly greeted him. "My name is Nila and I like reading and writing stories." The girl in your table smiled as she fixed her short messy black hair. "My name is Y/n and I like horror and art..." You softly said as Mr. Helen smiled at you. The introductions lasted a few 5 minutes but, once introductions ended Mr. Helen wasted no time writing instructions on the white board.

         His hand writing was nice and neat as it looked like a stream of water. "Hey wanna be friends Y/n and Jessie?" Nila whispered as you felt a bit happy inside as you quickly nodded. Jessie on the other hand took a moment to answer as he softly nodded. Nila smiled widely as she faced the white board. Mr. Helen had just finished writing as he cleared his throat.

         "Alright everyone get your sketch books out and grab a pencil. Today we will be doing a small exercise, we will be drawing an animal of our choice. I will show you all examples from the previous class." Mr. Helen announced as he walked over to his desk and grabbed a stack of papers. He showed the drawings of the last class to your class. You saw all sorts of animals from birds all the way to bugs and even lions.

        You decided to draw a hydra since you wanted to do something outside of the box. "I know what I'm gonna draw." Nila smiled as she began to draw on her sketchbook. Jessie stayed silent as he began to draw in silence. You quickly began to sketch out your hydra as Mr. Helen watched everyone draw. He sat at his desk for a moment as he waited for all of you to draw. You assumed he himself was drawing in his sketchbook.

       After almost an hour most of your class was done as you where now coloring your Hydra. You quickly glanced over at Nila's sketchbook and saw she was drawing a griffin. You then glanced at Jessie and saw he was coloring his large fiery phoenix. You smiled seeing the griffin and the phoenix since you didn't expect your new friends to be just as out of the box as you.
You continued to draw your hydra as you left it's body white but gave all of the 4 heads different styles horns. Some of the head had curled horns and others had ram like horns. You quickly began to add lighting and shading to the drawing. You glanced up at the time and say you had 30 minutes left before the end if the class.

      You quickly drew and added details to the background as you felt your palm grow sweaty. Right when you where left with only 10 minutes you raised your hand high. "Mr. Helen I'm done!" You exclaimed as your hand felt numb from how fast you had gone. Mr. Helen walked over as you, Nila, and Jessie had your hands up. Mr. Helen looked at the phoenix, then the griffin and lastly the hydra. He smiled kindly as he picked up the three drawings. He examined them closely almost like someone would examine a stain on a shirt.

       "These three drawings are amazing. The three of you though outside of the box and drew mythical creatures. This is what art is about!" Mr. Helen smiled widely as he held the three drawings in his hands. The other students in the class murmured as Mr. Helen quickly put the drawings on an art wall along with some other student drawings.

Bzzzt Bzzzt!

      The intercom buzzed as an announcement came on. "Today all students will leave early!" The principle said through the intercom as you saw it was already 1pm. You knew that in your old school when students left home early you would have to stay with the teacher you where with. You crossed your fingers and hoped it was the same way in this school.