(二); mind your own business

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Suddenly, you came through, making me make a move

    "GOOD MORNING!", Y/n walked into the shop wearing her usual fake smile, but this time she really felt more energetic than usual

"G'morning Y/n! You seem to be really happy today, did something nice happen by chance?", Mr. Oka asked her, combing Sketchy's coat.

    The girl giggled devilishly.

    "Now that I'm certain that Reki is a die-hard skateboarding fan, I can't wait to see his ego shatter. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, and when the time comes, I'll be there to make fun of his naivety.", she thought, fiddling with her fingers.
She almost could imagine the crying face of that fool once he realized that that stupid sport would lead him to nothing but despair.

    "But I obviously can't tell this to Mr. Oka...", her determined gaze met the man's confused one.
She smiled at him, feeling like a referee directing a volleyball game, watching everything from above.
She knew everything, she was sure it was only a matter of time before something serious happened to Reki and at that point, he would quit skateboarding forever.

    She was a little sorry for him. She obviously didn't like to enjoy other people's misfortunes, yet she hoped karma would teach Reki that life isn't all puppy dogs and rainbows.

    "No, no big deal. I'm just glad to be able to help you!", she replied, making Mr. Oka laugh a little.
Then she walked to the back and noticed the colored hair of her colleague and his friend in the lab next door.

"Good morning Reki, good morning Langa. What are you doing?", the shrill voice of the girl startled the two, who were mysteriously confabulating among themselves. She had already decided to act as if the day before never happened. Besides, it wasn't their fault, they certainly couldn't know about her hatred for skateboarding.

    Reki's frightened scream rang through the room, forcing Y/n and the Canadian to cover their ears.
"Are you crazy?! I'm 100% sure one day I'm gonna die because of you!", the red-haired boy barked in a high pitched voice, using Langa as a shield.
"This guy is really dramatic...", she thought, giving him a confused look.

    "Reki was letting me try the skateboard, last night he changed the wheels.", replied his friend, smiling a little. The redhead behind him meanwhile was trying to calm the restless beating of his poor heart.
Y/n nodded and her curiosity got the better of her pride, which had already forced her to roll her eyes in annoyance at the word skateboard.

    "Last night? Are you sure you got enough sleep?", she asked, turning to Reki, and he blushed slightly, glad that the girl was worried about him.

"Man, I know he is an idiot, but never at this level!", Y/n was really worried about the boy.
She admired him for staying up all night doing his friend a favor, but trying so hard just to be able to peel his elbows later was nothing but illogical to her.