"Baby," she cooed, and your brow furrowed in a suspicious confusion

"I saw what happened. I'm so proud of you." A wet kiss was pressed to your cheek and your body recoiled in shock. Is this what it should have been like all along? Is this what you could have had with her?

Realisation dawned on you finally when she stepped away to switch on the TV and you couldn't help but ask, "how did you know?" She chuckled in response, a dark sound that echoed in your hollow bones, "I have a security camera. Wanted to keep an eye on you." She didn't have the decency to look at you when she replied and you were grateful for that considering the way your face fell at her confession.

Your stomach twisted with discomfort and you shivered with disgust; you had to scold yourself when your mind drifted to the house next door and how safe you felt there compared to here in your own home.

You sat down on the sofa and went over it all while she watched something on the other side of the room. She was just keeping you safe, she wanted to make sure they didn't upset you. She loves you, silly!

It took longer than usual for you to be reassured of her special ways of showing her affection, but when you had calmed you moved to sit near her and collapsed into her lap.

"Oh baby they really upset you didn't they? I told you they were no good." Your eyes welled with shame as you realised she had been right all along, and you relished in the comfort she provided you, even if it would only be temporary.

"I was thinking," she mumbled and you knew then something was coming, "maybe we should move houses?"

You sprung up in confusion at the bombshell she had dropped, but the soft smile she gave you told you she was completely serious.

"Why do you want to move?" you asked softly, treading carefully.

"We need a fresh start, baby. I've been so stressed with those two nextdoor interfering and I know I've not treated you too well. You've been distracted and you didn't love me as much as you should and I think this would be good for us."

You considered her words; she was right, things had been worse particularly because of your involvement with Billie and Delia, and you saw how upset they were when they left. They'd probably be relieved to see you go, it's not like they'd ever talk to you again anyway. Plus, maybe your relationship could get back to what it had been at the start; you could be happy.

In your warped perspective the benefits outweighed the disadvantages and you found yourself nodding, tingling all over when she pulled you into a kiss full of love instead of the bitter possessiveness she usually tasted of.

The week that followed was like walking on air, lifted by the love you felt blooming for your lover where previously only weeds grew. You fell into the familiar routine that had worked so well for you and spent your evenings searching for your new home over a shared bottle of wine.

A few days later you had signed the contract for your new home; you had been a little nervous to choose too quickly given the way all your hopes were pinned on this last chance at your happiness with her, but Lucy had very quickly reassured you that everything would be okay when you were in your new house with a fresh start.

The smitten tingle in your chest was reminiscent of the first days of your relationship and you beamed at the thought of returning to that state of former bliss. Everything was becoming just right again and you were so so lucky.

Classes resumed at the coven but the storm that raged in the supreme was never quelled; she spent every spare moment watching the windows of your home, memorising the shadows and silhouettes that performed for her. Billie hadn't returned to work; instead she drove herself insane monitoring every movement in and out of your home, waiting for the moment she would see you run towards her with your arms outstretched; despite the ghost of doubt that stained bitterness on her tongue, the shimmer of hope still tingled inside her and she was determined to be there at the moment when you changed your mind.