𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

╰┈➤ Yoshino lets y/n use the guest room once she was tired enough to sleep again. They didn't pry with questions but let her know that she and the baby were more important than their son. Of course they didn't know about how the couple met so they didn't share the suspicions y/n was having.

She checks her phone a few more times before officially going to see if he had texted or called but he hadn't. y/n didn't know if she could do this without him is he had been with another woman. Yoshino and Shikaku stay up and know that their son will come here once he realizes she wasn't home.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

"Shit, is that clock right?" Shikamaru looks at how late he was out of his house and not in bed with his pregnant girlfriend.

"It is." Sakura nods in confirmation while rubbing her small bump.

Sasuke takes the tea cups they've been refilling for the past few hours over talking about Shikamaru and y/n's newest addition. Shikamaru knew he and Sasuke were in the same boat and wanted to ask for his experience and how he knew it was the right choice. Although the raven couldn't tell him exactly that it was the right choice.. the way he described his feeling about Sakura and child was the same way he thought about you.

Shikamaru couldn't be quicker to thank the couple for their time before rushing out and into his car. He began text messages one after the other with apologies then began to call and call again. Curses come out of his mouth when you're not answering either of the methods. His car is parked quickly and he notices your car out of the usual spot but goes upstairs and checks anyways. "Shit." he whippers when in your empty bedroom, seeing the one pillow and your favorite blanket gone.

One call is answered, "Hello? Baby?"

"Yeah, I'm h-h-aving a baby, I n-n-need sleep-p." she mumbles into the phone that kept interrupting her good slumber and tossed it onto the small chair across the room.

After not seeing her car at his place he went to his parents. He tries to sneak in until Yoshino turns on the dim lamp with a quiet, "Hello."

"Oh gosh, why are you still up?" he takes a calming breath as his parents continue to look at him in disappointment.

"I think we'll be asking the questions." she stands and lets him sit, "Where were you?"

"I was with—"

"Wrong answer!" she slaps the back of his head, "The correct answer is not with my pregnant girlfriend."

He looks at his dad for help who just shrugs, "Pretty bad thing to do son, leaving the woman you supposedly love."

"I do love her I was just—"

"Shikamaru, there is no I was just when it's a partnership. You know you should've told her where you went. How are you going to be a father but be this selfish?" she shakes her head more, "Go to bed." Yoshino gestures.

Shikamaru felt like he was back in high school after getting caught sneaking out and it still stung as hard as it did back then. In the silent home he hears your quiet snores and opens the door slightly until his mom stops him, "In your original room." she clears her throat loudly.

His head drops while he walks further away from you and onto his cold bed. Getting out his phone he looks through photos you two have takes and a smile is on his lips. Small videos play and your voice makes his throat tighten.

He hoped he could make it up to you.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

y/n's pov

You wake up and freshen up before going downstairs with everything in your arms, "Thank you so—" you stop mid way when seeing Shikamaru downstairs alone. He was making your favorite breakfast food.

"Hungry?" he turns to ask and plates it.

You were hungry but still shake your head, "I'm ok, thanks." you mutter and continue your way to the front door as your boyfriend rushes behind you.

"Wait baby, please don't go." he says desperately and grabs onto a hand.

"You got to leave so why can't I? I'm going home. See how easy that was?" you yank your arm back and open the front door.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I know I deserve it but don't go." he pleads and actually gets down on his knees to hug your legs, something his dad said worked every time. "Please." he looks up and rubs the back of your thighs to lean a cheek against

With a sigh you look down and pull at his hair, "Fine only because I'm hungry."

Next he sweeps you up to carry you bridal style and takes the contents out of your arms. "I'm sorry." he sits you down and peppers your face with his lips.

"Food." you push him back lightly for space. He nods and gives it to you then watches silently with every bite you take, "Stop looking at me."

"Sorry sorry." he mumbles then looks away, "I know where you probably think I want but I promise I didn't." he still avoids looking at you when saying this.

You finish your bite and keep your eyes down, "Ok."

"I went to Sakura and Sasuke's.. we were talking about the baby." he confesses even though he was slightly embarrassed because of his so certain way of things. "I got scared and I'm sorry I ran away instead of coming to you about it."

"You should be, we're in this together Shikamaru.. I love those two but they're not in our relationship. Are their words and advice more important than mine?"

"No of course not.. No one is more important than you. Well now the baby is but— anyways you two are the most important people and I was stupid to leave." he stops in front of and lifts you up again to hug tightly. "I'm so—"

"No more apologies." you lean your head on his shoulder and close your eyes, "Say something else."

"Let's go home where I can speak with my actions."

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇