Chapter 8: Stand and Stand Again

Start from the beginning

I hugged the cyclops, as he hugged me back.

"Nice to see you again.. Koko-chan!"
"I told you not to call me that ever again, you jerk!" Kokoru said, as we laughed and he backed up.

"It's been such a while since I taught you all the moves I saw you pulling over here! I missed you, kid. You beat your dad, didn't ya?"
"Well.. I'll tell you later. We got a couple friend to deal with here." Kokoru said, as men in suits, presumably Yamagashi men, came out of the shadows.

"Hey.. I remember your faces! Bet you thought you could come back for round two while I was out, huh? Well, you'll get to fight someone, ME!" I shouted, as the men began to cower.
"Aw, c'mon. Come out AND FIGHT ME!" I shouted, as the men began to run up. 

Back then..

"I'll be teaching you all a move that requires two people and some teamwork. Now, we'll be using Kanashi as a dummy. What's gonna happen is one of you is gonna bend down, just like a table. Then the other one is gonna jump on the table and do the drop-kick finisher I taught you. Then the table will get upright and pull a turning-sidekick into the dummy's stomach, while the drop-kick is going to hit the head. You get it?"

"Err.. enough?" Kokoru said, as I stood upright.
"Let's see if you understood!"

I knew what we needed to do, but I was tired. I looked over at Kokoru, as he looked back at me with understanding of what to do.

I bent down, as Kokoru got a running start and jumped on my back. As soon I felt that, I turned and threw my leg at one of them behind me, as Kokoru drop kicked someone in front of me. As Kokoru landed, I looked at him, his aura of white confusing me.

"Nice to see you remembered the move."
"Let's see if the others remembered it." Kokoru says, as he looked over at Kanashi and Noa.

Kanashi bent down, as Noa threw a running roundhouse, vaulting over Kanashi's back. Kanashi then threw an uppercut at someone in front of him, as the two looked over at each other.

"Cool."
"Yeah." Kanashi said, as he looked away from Noa.

"Heh, how much you've all grown still terrifies me."
"Hey, don't talk like you're some old grandpa, you're only two years older than us." Kokoru said, as I chuckled and walked over to the other two. 

As I looked around the room, nobody was around. No Yakuza remained, as the rest ran or were knocked out. I walked over to Kanashi and Noa, as more people peaked their heads over the shadows.

"There's more!"
"No, they're the owners of this hospital." Kanashi said, as silence came over the room.

"THEY RUINED THE DAMN PLACE!"
"GET OUT!"
"THEY ALMOST KILLED MY HUSBAND!"

"They don't sound very happy." I said, as I ran over to the room.

"Can that Red guy stand? We're being kicked out."
"He can't even move, he needs this treatment!" Akira said, as I sighed.

"Well.." I said, as Shizuka showed me her notepad.

"I'll be fine, go ahead." I read, as I sighed.

Suddenly, gunshots rang out, as everyone turned to face them.

It was one Yakuza, who had a revolver in his hands.

He walked up and shot once, as I felt my chest get hit by something that felt like an airsoft gun.

"AGH!" I shouted, as I saw where the bullet hit.

The man shot again, as we heard it hit the Red guy's body.

"RHED!" Akira shouted, as she looked at the bullet hole.

She pulled out a full wallet of cash, with the bullet still inside of it.
"Wait.. Shizuka, check Momoru's bullet wound."

I pulled out another wallet, one of the other Yakuza's wallets. I opened it and saw the picture inside, the picture matching the man with the gun.

The man tried to fire again, but the gun seemed to blow up in his hand, as he grasped his hand.

"Get him!" Noa shouted, as Kanashi ran up and threw a powerful kick at his face, as the Yakuza fell to the ground.

Suddenly, a bird flew by and pooped, as it missed Kanashi and hit the man.

"Hehe, I guess you're slowly waking." Akira said, as she began to cry tears of joy over her boyfriend.

"What..?"
"Her boyfriend has incredible luck. I know because I spent a day with this reliable show-off. Let's hope he wakes up soon." Kokoru said, as the people began to shout again.

"Take care of her, Akira. And if you don't.."

"I'll kill your boyfriend, and make you watch."

"She'll be fine, I promise."

We left the hospital, and took the car to go to Noa's place, as we all laughed and conversed in the car.

I miss the old days, but this is just as fun.