Without even thinking about it, he lifted his lip and nudged his nose against the man's neck. He could smell the fear, but it wasn't nearly as pungent as it normally was on his prey. The man didn't think that he would kill him. 

"I'm sorry that I've been bothering you. I'm just worried."

Marsh snorted and leaned away, finally removing his left paw from the man's chest, allowing him to take in several big breaths of air. Seeing him struggling only made Marsh want to attack again, but he managed to hold himself back, barely. He didn't, however, release the man's arm from beneath his other paw. The gun would not be part of this interaction. 

"I can only imagine how hard you've had it out here, and judging from your reactions, you've been fending for yourself for a long time," Walker said, earning no response from Marsh as he tilted his head back slightly and sniffed the air. 

He couldn't make out much with his damaged nose, but it was a habit to scent his environment often. 

Eventually, he relented, resigned that his own blood would be the majority of the smells he'd be able to take in for the time being. 

"Hey Runner!" 

Marsh's head immediately jerked toward the new voice and he bared his teeth, adding a warning growl for good measure. He was getting extremely tired of humans bothering him in his own territory. 

The owner of the voice slid to a stop at the edge of the slope that lead down to the area they were in by the stream. 

"I swear you find the strangest partners when you want to get down and dirty." 

Without warning Marsh charged halfway up the embankment, making the new arrival stumble backwards a good distance and raise his hands up in front of himself. 

"Down boy," he said as he kept backing away, already out of Marsh's vision because of the height difference of the ground they were standing on. 

He heard movement from his right and looked in time to see Walker dust some leaves out of his extra-dirty blond hair, then look up at him with a pained grin. Noticing his discomfort, Marsh swept his eyes over the man's body and immediately found a gash that he must have accidentally left when pinning his arm down so that he couldn't grab for his gun. 

There was no remorse in his mind, but he was a bit surprised. He normally had better control of himself. 

"Don't worry about it. Nothing a few stitches won't take care of," Walker said as he pushed himself back to his feet, coughing a few times before finally straightening up and looking beyond where Marsh was standing. 

Following his gaze, Marsh snorted and growled at the new man who had skulked closer while he'd been distracted. 

"The guys called me to come help you with some crazy bear, but it seems like you guys are doing just fine on your own? Interesting setting for some roleplay, but hey, to each their own," the guy said, making Walker roll his eyes. 

"Your sarcastic jokes aren't going to work on him. He's more animal than anything else," he said, making his friend lift a brow and frown as he turned his attention to Marsh and began truly looking him over. 

"Why not just leave him here? He doesn't seem to want anything to do with you," his friend said, making Marsh actually calm down slightly. He understood. 

Walker hurried up the slope, coming to a stop once he was standing beside the other man. They were similar in height, and build, and now that Marsh could compare them...

"He looks confused, bro," the new man said as he ran a hand through his own dirty blond hair and smirked, tilting his sunglasses the slightest amount.