They did start speaking more and patching things up, the fear of that photo is slowly fading and they can't deny the feelings both hold for each other. Secretly dating is a pain in the ass, but somehow it was working better. Usually Wakatoshi would come over and they'd get to spend more time together, just like they did before.

      The green haired teen has been focusing all the way on his training and thinking about his hits over and over again, barely letting the conversation from last week creep into his mind. It's not the right moment to think about it, not when they are so close to the finals and when they have a very good chance of winning.

      Just when he is about to reach the Academy, two familiar figures seem to talk about him so he stops and asks what is that about. "Can I help you with something?"

      "JAPAN!!" the orange headed shorty yells, confusing Ushijima for a second, but he brushes it off.

      "If it's nothing, I'm leaving." he comments, the usual uninterested voice making it clear he doesn't have time to idle around.

     "We're from Karasuno's volleyball team. Would it be all right if we observe your practice match?" This time the tall brunette speaks up, stepping forward to stop him.

     Now he does remember who he is. Karasuno's setter that came from Kitagawa, also the person who is unnecessarily close to Hoshi. This irks him somehow and he can't hide it on his face, provoking them "Do whatever you want. You watching us won't make us weak. I'm on my way back to school right now. If you want to watch, follow me— assuming you can keep up." and with no other word he starts sprinting at his usual speed, making his way back to the Academy.

      He is left quite surprised that the two manage to keep up with absolutely no problem, the speed is certainly not low, so far from his team only Hoshikin managed to keep up, yet the duo is even arguing while running and doesn't seem to run out of stamina. He gets lost in those thoughts, taking a few notes about what he can see about them just to later realize they aren't behind him anymore when he reaches the entrance to the hall. Ushijima takes a look around, finally spotting them squatting down in front of the window.

      "You're late." he starts speaking before hearing the introduction of the person he started to dislike without even knowing.

     "I did apply here, but got rejected." the brunette confesses, somehow making him happy that happened.

     "Of course." Ushijima smirks, but quickly continues so it doesn't seem like he is hating on Kageyama "We have no need for a setter who doesn't devote himself to the ace." he states, glaring down on the younger kid, the sense of superiority rising in him.

     "Though if that's the case then the great king wouldn't fit here either." Hinata notices since the captain wouldn't submit to someone just because he is asked to, definitely not the way this ace wants it.

     "Oikawa doesn't have anything to do with this!" Kageyama interferes, showing his distaste for the senpai that definitely got the worst defeat of his life.

     "He's an excellent athlete. He should've come here. Oikawa has the talent to bring out the best in the players around him..."

     "Oh? Wakatoshi, are you talking about the finals again? I already apologi-" a tall teen in the specific volley uniform steps out of the gym finally seeing who is his boyfriend conversing with after getting there late for practice.

     "Hoshi!" Hinata enthusiastically cheers, a wide smile spreading on his lips as he waves his hands to greet his friend.

     "Wahh~ Isn't this a surprise? What brought you around here, Tobio, Hinata? Did he pick you up to come play with us?" he smiles back, excited to see all two of his favorite people after this very long day.