"I'm just not sure I can deal with the repercussions. Let's wait a bit more if possible... And in the meantime... I think we should keep our distance in public."

      It didn't take more than just those words to throw Hoshikin in a spiral of dark thoughts. *History is repeating. It's happening again. Maybe I'm just not good enough to be worthy of him. Maybe I'm not fit to be his boyfriend. I'm just worthless.* The brunette takes a step back, feeling like his knees will give in soon enough and then nods before running out somewhere else.

       The day after they would usually go out for running and meet at the gym but somehow that didn't seem fitting. Ushijima sent him a message saying he'd like to run alone today and clear his head, pushing Hoshi even more in the anxiety pool. He drowned himself in the work for his father's company, trying to wipe out the feelings over this situation and carefully watching the news for the picture that was taken to resurface. He just can't think anymore, living more like a robot than a human.

      That night he calls Tobio asking if they are at school so he can bring the tape. The latter could sense from Hoshikin's voice that something is not right so he offers to come over and take it, which he doesn't refuse. In just a few minutes, the teen shows up at the door, gasping for air as he must've been running like crazy till here.

      "What are you doing? Look at you, the running monster ran out of air! You didn't have to hurry like this!" The concern is clear from Hoshi's voice, but he doesn't get to hear the answer before two arms wrap around him and pull him close.

       "What happened? You sounded like you're crying on the phone." Tobio asks in the most soothing voice he can pull off, squeezing him gently.

       "What do you mea- I- I-..." and he finally let go of all that pain. Before they could even enter the house, the older teen started crying like there's no tomorrow, his sobs muffled by Tobio's embrace and mostly his shoulder.

       For half an hour he didn't bring himself to stop, he just couldn't, there was so much build up pain that he pushed aside and now it all exploded. Kageyama is patiently patting his back, every once in a while stopping just to make him drink some water.

      "...Wakatoshi wants to keep it a secret... From everyone... And we - we.. Someone shot a photo of us kissing.... He was mad, I've never seen him so angry at something, so ashamed of himself... Of us... He told me he doesn't want to train with me anymore and keep his distance so the rumors won't spread out..." between hiccups and sobs, Hoshi tells his side of the story and Kageyama unexplainably gets angry at the unfolding. How could anyone have Hoshi as a boyfriend and be afraid to show him off? That's something he just can't understand no matter how he thinks about it!

     "I'm gonna beat his ass, no matter what, I promise you he will taste defeat for that. Hoshikin! You're more than worthy, you are an amazing person that anyone would be lucky to have! There is no doubt about that!" the determination in Tobio's eyes is something breathtaking. He might not be the most emotional person in the world but at the right moment everyone can count on him.

     "Thank you, Tobio! I'm really lucky to have you." It was Hoshi's turn to pull him into an embrace and they took a minute or two to get back to themselves.

×××××××

      Next week started and with it the real training, they had a schedule full of training matches with college teams, running to build up resistance and workouts in the gym whenever they had a bit of free time. Finals are also approaching since the term is ending in two weeks, just in time for the finals of Interhigh in Tokyo. Hoshi has been around the volleyball hall since the morning, practicing his hits with Shirabu and then playing 2-on-2 with a few students. Wakatoshi on the other hand has been out of academy, either running or at the gym, for the final match he is supposed to come back, but he definitely seems to take his time.