"Harry, I'm a boy, and I'm not into crossdressing, but yes, I'm gay."

Once again, Harry is confused. "You're gay... does that mean you're happy?"

"Er... yes, well, I'm very happy, but not quite since not everyone accepts it."

"Why can't everyone accept that you're happy?"

"I've been asking myself that same question every day, but this is a different type of gay, Harry. It's not just a synonym for being carefree. It has another meaning."

"And that is?"

Draco looked at Harry's young, sunny, hopeful face, wondering if what he's going to say would darken his glow. "Someone... like me. A boy who loves boys. In other words, I don't see girls in a romantic light, and I only see them as friends. I fall in love with boys and that can be seen as... unfavorable."

"So... you like boys. And... does that mean... you like me? A lot?"

"Yes," Draco said, starting to feel his hands sweat as he waited for further reaction. He wasn't sure how Harry would take it. He probably won't be friends with him anymore, now that he knows who he is. Draco braced himself for rejection, a kick in the teeth or something worse than that. He waited until...

"Are there other boys like you?"

And for the second time, Draco was met with the unexpected. "What do you mean?"

"Are there other people who are... gay like you?"

"Why, of course. There are plenty of others. Most of them won't admit it because they're afraid society would rebuff them, but there are those who are brave enough to be open about it."

"Like who?"

"Your Gryffindor friends," he said with a slight smirk. "Your own roommates, Thomas and Finnigan."

"Dean?" Harry said, not quite believing his ears. "And---and Seamus?"

"Yes, they've been going out for months now. Haven't you heard?"

"I thought they were best friends and I've never seen them date before. Wait... do they kiss each other?"

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Well, what do they do in your dormitory?"

"Seamus sleeps in Dean's bed, but sometimes they sleep in his. I dunno, I guess it depends on their mood."

"Do they close the curtains?"

"Yes, and they make weird noises. Seamus keeps screaming Dean's name, and I wish I could sleep like Dean. He doesn't snore like most people, he moans!"

Draco opened his mouth to say something but all that came out was a halted "Er."

"Does that mean they're also gay?"

"Yyyyyyyyes, yes they are. Um... I shouldn't have asked, but... you know what? Perhaps you should consider my offer for as long as you want. It's all right if you say no in the end, I just... hope that we could still be friends, even if... this happened."

Harry understood now. The swan is a symbol of love, and Draco confirmed it when he told him about his feelings. He was touched by this affection, but he can't reciprocate it.

"I'm sorry, but... the answer is..." Come on. Just say no. Draco said they could still be friends. But seeing him come to him and express such sentiment, he can't disappoint him. But... no... he felt like he's going to disappoint him more if he becomes his boyfriend. So... come on... just say NO! "Er..." The nerve collapsed. "I'll have to think about it, Draco."