In reality she knew why, because Sweet Pea had freed a part of her she hadn't realized needed released. She had been cloaked in her own self she hadn't realized the world around her was still moving- until he smiled at her and shook her to the core.

Asher wished she hadn't wasted so much time with him, she had known what she felt for him the moment they looked at one another.

It was painful missing- loving Sweet Pea.

Asher didn't know if she'd ever be able to see him again but the way she was feeling the last week convinced her that she wouldn't ever forget him.

Her father had left her again in the house, like always. It was good though, she didn't have her cell phone anymore so when he left she'd sneak into his office and use his computer.

This time when she looked up Riverdale something horrifying came up in response.

BLACK HOOD CAUGHT: Hal Cooper!

Her eyes widened at the memory of her childhood best friends father. He had always been nice to her, doted on Betty a lot.

She must be absolutely crushed. She wished so bad to check on her but had absolutely no way of doing so.

After a moments hesitation Asher went to google maps, typing in her old address. 2 hours 23 minutes away. She was relieved to see it was only that far, she had feared her father had moved her cross county.

The crazy thought entered Asher's mind and once it was there she couldn't get it out. So, she pressed print on the directions and started rummaging through her fathers office.

After searching the whole office she sprinted to the stairs, taking two at a time to reach the top. In her fathers room she started at the bedside tables, nothing.

The bathroom was empty still, dresser drawers held no car keys. In his closet though, that was another story.

After lifting herself up using a shelf she could snatch a set off of the top shelf. She was glad to see it was her Subaru set.

Asher ran to her room and stuffed a couple of t shirts, jeans and the necessities before grabbing the print outs and rushing out of her new "home". She knew where she really belonged, and it wasn't here- they weren't here.

Her heart was racing as she reversed out of the unfamiliar driveway and onto the street.

It had gotten dark so quickly, but she knew she was getting close when she passed the entry sign.

The town of pep!

Asher scoffed as she passed the worn sign but continued to drive straight to Betty's house, only to see it completely void of any life. Odd cars parked up and down the street in front of the Cooper house.

The only other place she could think of that Betty would be at would be Jughead's. Which would mean maybe being able to see Sweet Pea before she was caught by her father.

She drove as fast as she could to the trailer park. As she pulled up though she was surprised to see a make shift bomb fire, heads snapped up at the rumble of her exhaust. Asher's nerves took over but nonetheless she tried to spot Betty.

Stepping out of the car she didn't expect to have all of her friends stand. She also didn't expect to see Reggie Mantle with them. Her friends started in absolute deafening shock as they all thought they were having some sort of a fever dream.

"Reg? What are you doing on Southside?" And at her voice all hell broke lose. Reggie leap over the bomb fire and rushed her. He picked her up in the tightest grip she thinks she'd ever felt, her back cracking from the pressure.