chapter two

All of the movement was distracting, they hadn’t even noticed the door handle had started jiggling until it was too late. Lavagirl stood in the doorway, shocked and unable to move. They were too.

Lavagirl couldn’t help but stare. She laughed awkwardly, saying “Both of you better explain this. What the hell is going on?” Max, hiding under Sharkboy just buried his face into Sharkboy. He was too embarrassed to even look at the two. 

SHARKBOYS P.O.V

He heard Lavagirl’s question, but couldn’t answer. He covered Max’s blushing face with his chest and looked at the bedsheets. They were wet, with sweat and another white substance. 

Lavagirl was too flustered to ask any more questions. I shot her a glare, as to tell her to forget what you saw. She understood and quietly walked out again. I fixed my glare on Max again and he was too scared to move. I swiftly covered him in blankets and put him in bed so he could process what happened. 

I heard Max clear his throat and stutter “I’m… sorry.” He turned away from me. “Sorry for what? What do you mean? It’s not your fault Lava walked in on us.” I reached a handout and placed it on his shoulder gently. I rubbed it along his back, and he looked over at me. 

    I kissed his soft cheek and caressed his face. He smiled, you could tell he didn’t care about the future or the past, I felt the same. All I could focus on was the present and how I was going to take care of my newfound lover. First I need to address the Lavagirl situation. I began to get up so I could talk to her but he whimpered, in that he wanted me to stay.

    LAVAGIRL’S P.O.V

I sat downstairs in the kitchen, with a bowl of cold oatmeal in front of me. I was going to bring the two out for lunch. We were going to have a nice time… But then I walked in on that. 

I heard the stairs creak, and Sharkboy's head appeared. His hair was messy and his shirt was wrinkly. He went to grab a cup and started making coffee. It was silent for a moment until Sharkboy said 

"Make sure you knock on the door next time, Okay?" I could only nod my head. I was honestly too scared to answer him. 

I continued my quest to get them to go to lunch with me. “Would you like to go to lunch?” I was sure I had lost my appetite, but I didn’t want to be rude.

“Of course.” He replied. He started walking upstairs, and said "I'll go get Max."

A few moments later, both boys were downstairs. Max was getting his shoes on, and Sharkboy was getting his keys. We all exited the room, walking to the car. 

                            ---------------------------------------

Max’s pov

“I think I’m going to use the bathroom.” I finished my Chicken Parmesan and my stomach hurt. I got up abruptly and held my stomach on the way to the bathroom.

"Dammit…" I said, quickly holding my breath. I reached into the cabinet, took a small pill, and sat on the bathroom floor. groaning, I pull out my phone. Nothing more than a few notifications from social media. 

A/n:
Sorry for the cliff hanger. The third chapter isn't finished yet.