Ghoulish. // Chapter Two.

Start from the beginning

=Y/N's Phone: 4:13 PM=

Yoshi~😌:
Y/N. It's Kaneki.

Me:
What? What happened???

Yoshi~😌:
He's in the hospital.
I don't know much but apparently
on his date yesterday, he was walking
home and got into an accident and
had to have surgery.

Me:
You've got to be joking.
Hide... Look.
You need to call me, please.

Yoshi~😌:
What? Why?

Me:
Just do it!

Yoshi~😌:
Fine 🙄

*Incoming Call: Yoshi~😌*

I quickly picked up and put the device to my ear, my breathing heavy as I ran.

"Listen, Hide. Do you know what kind of accident it was?" I asked him.

"No? I just know that it was an accident and the girl that he was with was in it too. She died though, and they did a transplant surgery to help Kanek-" I cut him off.

"Fuck!" I yelled, rubbing my eyes roughly. "I would kill her if she wasn't dead already." I grumbled.

"Y/N, you sound crazy right now. Look, I know you're a Ghoul and everything but you don't need to talk like one." He joked a bit.

'Right. Hide found out I was a Ghoul a month after we met.' I thought, shaking my head a bit.

I rolled my eyes at the statement. "So Ken is okay?" I asked, my voice in a softer tone now.

"As far as I know. I just left the hospital. He didn't want visitors, but the doctor did tell me that he hasn't been eating since he got out of surgery." He said.

I gulped and closed my eyes. "Alright. Okay. Okay." I sighed quietly and looked up at the sky.

"I know what happened last night. You're not stupid, so I'm sure you'll find out what happened and what it means soon. I can't tell you myself, so just..." I trailed off. "When is he discharged?"

"Thursday night, I think." He said, his voice now a little shaky as my words sunk in. "Hey, what do you mean you know what happened?" He practically yelled into the mic.

"I told you, Hide. I can't say. But, like I said, you're not stupid. I believe in you, Kid. See you tomorrow at school." I said.

"... See ya." Hide sighed before ending the call.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked into Anteiku, smiling at Irimi as she stood behind the counter.

"Welcome back, Y/N." She said with a smile.

"Thanks. Uhm... Do you think that I could skip my shift today? I'll work extra this weekend, I just... I need some time." I looked at her with pleading eyes.

She sighed a bit and nodded. "Touka and I will cover for you. Go ahead and go upstairs." She combed her fingers through my hair, her nails gently scraping against my head in a soothing way.

I nodded and turned away to go to the stairs. "Oh, hey. Can you bring me a coffee when Touka gets here?" I asked her with a shy smile.

She nodded and I walked through the staff door, walking up the stairs until I reached my room. I opened the door and closed it behind me, kicking my shoes off and letting my back drop on the floor beside the door.