Best breakfast ever

There was a nice smell in the air. Something sweet, like pancakes and berries. That was the first thing Sara noticed after she woke up. Next one was a massive headache, coming out of nowhere.

''Damn it..." she whispered to herself, slowly standing up from her bed.
Yes, it was her own bed and her very own room, with white walls, pretty plants and her favourite books.

''It's probably just another ASU-NARO trick..."
She could not believe that she was home. She didn't want to give herself hope just to be crushed again. She was tired of this awful Death Game. Everytime she thought it was finally over, something horrible happened.

And this time may be no exception...

She put her slippers on and gently brushed her hair, trying not to pull to much hair, as she already lost many due to recurring stress and trauma.

Highschool girl went down the stairs, looking for anybody, but there was no one to be found.

Then she heard a spoon falling to the ground. She felt her heart coming to her throat, slowly suffocating her. She cursed herself for not taking any weapon from room, but it was already to late for regrets. She took one of her pink slippers and started creep in to the kitchen.

''Kai, this blueberry jam is to good to be legal I swear! You surely put something in it to taste like that, admit it"

This voice...
Voice that she couldn't mistake for anybody else...

She took a peek inside the kitchen and was paralised by the thing she saw, her battle slipper fall to the ground.

There was Joe, munching on toast and jam, curiously looking at Sara with wide eyes.
''THANK GOD YOU ARE OKAY!!!" Joe quickly throw everything he was eating on the table and ran toward his best friend.

She was so shocked, when Joe picked her up and hugged she felt like in some slow motion movie.
Nothing felt real. It's not real. It couldn't be, right?

But then why his warm hug feels so genuine?

Joe put her down, feeling something off about Sara behaviour.
''Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, putting hands on her shoulders so he could see her face clearly.
She was pale, with empty distant gaze. She looked more like a porcelain doll then a human, ready to be shattered to pieces.

Sara finally made eye contact with him, not sure what to say.

''Are...are you hallucination again?" she asked quietly, like she was out of breath. Her heart was pounding like crazy and she started to hear static noise in her ears.

Tazuna slightly smiled and put his hand on her ginger hair.
''Your one and only real Joe Tazuna, the smartest, the funniest and the prettiest boy in this country, also known as your best friend!"

Sara put her hands to mouth, desperatly trying to gasp some air as she already felt like fainting.

He's real he's real he's real he's real he's real

Now she was sure it was him. Nobody, even the best made doll could say something like that!

Girl fall down to her knees, feeling like every bad thing that happend in the game wasn't important now, because she got him back, her dearest friend.
As tears started falling down her cheeks like waterfalls, she huged Tazuna, feeling light like never before.
They were sitting on the floor for a while, crying together in embrace.
''B-but...what happened? How are you still alive?" Sara had like a million questions in her head right now but she decided to just ask these. She didn't want to overwhelm herself to much cause really she could just faint.

''Long story short, it was just a simulation. Everybody is alive and we are seeing them all today" another voice started speaking. Sara looked surprised in it's direction, couldn't believe that it was „him".

Her stalker, slightly smirking with frying pan in his hand.

At this moment Sara knew that this day is going to be a real rollercoaster.

——
Yoooo! I'm back this time with a little longer chapter! When I write about Joe for some reason I just can't stop smiling.

(Drawing is not mine!)