Chapter 10

Once we had landed, Nat loaded up her pistols and I grabbed my bow and quiver, notching an arrow into my bow just in case, just as Clint had taught me and we ran off the jet looking for the men. I could hear the unmistakable sounds of metal on metal coming from our left, so nodding to Nat, we took off that way. It stopped for a moment, and just as we reached the clearing, we saw the man who had taken Loki jump at Steve with some sort of hammer. He brought it over his head and then slammed it down on Steve's shield sending a shockwave through the clearing, knocking everyone off their feet, including me and Nat. We were thrown a few feet and I rolled as I hit the ground. I stood up slowly, checking for injuries.

"Nat you good?" i asked, walking over and helping her up.

"Yeah, I think just some scrapes and bruises, but I've had worse," she replied dusting off her hands. We walked into the clearing where Steve, dad and the other guy had retrieved Loki and were standing there, looking a little sheepish. The other man was tall, blonde and was wearing what looked like armor with a red cape.

"Ok are you guys done with the second pissing contest of the night?" I asked, angrily. "I would really like to not be in the middle of anymore of them tonight."

"Oh, brother, I do like her very much, she is feisty," Loki smirked. Before the blonde man could say anything, I had crossed the group and slapped Loki across the face.

"You know exactly what that is for, you son of a bitch," I snarled at him. I turned and walked past everyone heading back to the jet, ignoring the looks of shock and pride on their faces. Dad chuckled.

"That's my girl," I heard him say from behind. I made it back to the jet before anyone else, and I was in the process of getting it ready to go when they stomped back in and proceeded to basically tie Loki up again. Nat came over and sat down in her seat.

"Feel better?" she asked, smirking slightly.

"Yes although, I think I may have bruised my hand slapping him," I responded, looking down at my palm. Nat just laughed and settled in. Dad came up behind us.

"Ready to go kiddo. Not to say I'm not proud or impressed, but why did you slap him?" he asked looking down at me.

"We will talk about it later dad. I need to focus right now," I said shortly. He could tell I was still upset, so he nodded and walked back to the others. I got us in the air and turned on auto pilot. I turned my seat and put my head in my hands. 

"You ok?" Nat asked me again. I lifted my head, nodding.

"I shouldn't have done that. I'm too close to this. I don't understand why Fury even let me come on this mission anyway," I responded looking down at the floor.

"Because you are one of the best pilots we have, and the best damn archer we have. And yes even better than Clint. He has said it himself many times," Nat said smiling at me. I smiled back at her.

"That's just because he loves me and doesn't want to piss me off," I chuckled.

"Well if that's the case he is smart, but he isn't wrong. You can definitely give him a run for his money any day. Challenge him when he gets back. You'll see," she said. I looked up to dad and Steve talking to the new guy. He noticed that I was looking and walked over to me.

"Hello my good ladies. I wished to formally introduce myself. I am Thor Odinson, of Asgard, and God of Thunder," he said giving us a slight bow.

"Told you cap. Gods," I called to Steve pointing at Thor. He rolled his eyes at me and laughed. "Well its a pleasure to meet you Thor. I'm Aurora Stark but you can call me Rory and this is Natasha Romanoff. Sorry for slapping your friend there."