5⸙┆KISSING THE WEIRD GIRL

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀You smiled in return before picking up a stray ball from baseball and showed it to Ziggy. "Let's play a game. Whoever has this ball gets to ask a question."

⠀⠀Ziggy smirked and nodded. "Sure."

⠀⠀You offered the ball and once Ziggy was reaching out for it, you quickly walked away and yanked your arm back. "I made the game and found the ball so I get to ask first."

⠀⠀"Alright."

⠀⠀You walked around the place while tossing up the ball and catching it as Ziggy leaned against a container. "Hmm... what is your greatest fear?"

⠀⠀Ziggy blinked in surprise. "Oh, wow. Going deep already?"

⠀⠀"I want to know more about you."

⠀⠀She sighed as she shrugged. "I don't know. Snakes?"

⠀⠀"Any other fears there other than reptiles and animals?"

⠀⠀"Losing my loved ones," Ziggy confessed. You stopped just behind her as she looked down. "And it turns out my greatest fear has already happened: Dad's gone, Mom started drinking, losing the house, and Cindy going off to college."

⠀⠀"I'm sorry."

⠀⠀"It's okay, I don't expect you to understand—"

⠀⠀"But I do." You interrupted. "I lost my mother."

⠀⠀Ziggy immediately faced you as you sat on a chair, sighing. "Mom died when she was giving birth to Edric." You explained. "Thankfully, Dad didn't blame me nor my brother for it. But I was pressured to become this good influence to Sunnyvale."

⠀⠀"Because you're Dad is just as famous as the Goodes?"

⠀⠀You nodded. "And then Dad married Sheila's mom. I have to deal with her as if I wasn't already stressed enough. She's a nightmare." You stifled a laugh and so did Ziggy. You continued your story. "Sheila's mother is a good woman. I'm starting to believe that Sheila's adopted."

⠀⠀Ziggy snickered and sat down with you. She stared at you while you looked back at her. You wanted to tell her how you really feel but instead, you gave her the ball. "Your turn."

⠀⠀Ziggy looked away for a moment to think. "Why did you and Nick Goode broke up?"

⠀⠀You scoffed. "Why that?"

⠀⠀"Because I am curious, Roberts."

⠀⠀You frowned but sighed. "Fine. Nick Goode didn't pay much attention to me. Probably because he was pressured for becoming an heir or something. He was secretive and cared too much about what other people might think. I thought he was different. I thought I could get to be myself when he's around. Instead, I still have to act like Miss Perfect all the time when I'm around him."

⠀⠀Ziggy nodded in understanding while you cleared your throat. "Alright, next question."

⠀⠀"Go ahead."

⠀⠀"Do you and your sister ever get along?"

⠀⠀Ziggy frowned before standing up and throwing the ball towards you which you caught. "I missed the part where this game is supposed to be about easy questions."

⠀⠀"Well, it didn't start in easy questions so..." You grinned.

⠀⠀Ziggy leaned down when she spotted a snake in the cage. "God, I hate snakes."

⠀⠀You crossed your arms and legs. "Why are you dodging my question?"

⠀⠀Ziggy fixed her posture and turned to you, scrunching her nose. "Why do you care"