Chapter 14: The Aftermath of the Party and the Young Duchess

Start from the beginning

Amidst her gorgeous face, framed by curly blonde hair streaked with orange, Saphine’s eyes were rapidly blinking in bewilderment.

First with the specialty products of Oltaire, then about a confectionary shop with delicious treats, and then it was some fantastic dressmaker or other, the woman used whatever topic came to mind as she splurged on bonding girl-talk.

Moreover, throughout the conversation she openly praised Saphine’s features.

“You look just like a heroine from one of my favorite stories! Lady Saphine, your orange hair is absolutely lovely; I haven’t seen anything like your orange-blonde color on anyone from Stellaus. Ah, to be able to meet someone who genuinely possesses this hair color, I’m overcome! It’s as if that illustrated heroine has appeared before me in the flesh…”

“M-my, is that so? You may feel it a bit, if you wish.”

“How wonderful! Goodness, it’s so glittery, so fluffy! It’s beautiful, and against the light it looks nearly like gold.”

She’s playing… This kitten is playing with my hair.

“It’s the golden maiden, the golden maiden has appeared right here, I’m moved!”

What, why is it I feel like running away in embarrassment! None of the men I have ever met has brought out such loving lines.

Saphine had intended to nonchalantly declare her proclamation of war for Belvant during a casual conversation, but with the fluffy, smiling Marietta carrying on the idle conversation at her own pace, Saphine couldn’t find a good opportunity to interject.

On the contrary, this innocent child wanting nothing more than to gently stroke the blonde hair on her head gave Saphine an impatient, itchy feeling.

This dreadful child!

Up to now, if the initial “wasn’t the dance at yesterday evening’s party wonderful?” wasn’t enough of a spike through her chest, before she could compose herself, she was hit by a saccharine “isn’t Belvant so dreamy?” immediately afterwards. Saphine felt like sugar was being crammed down her throat.

“Say, Lady Marietta, I wonder if you are aware?”

Deciding her very honor was at stake, the young duchess gave a single cough and arranged her stance before continuing with a serious voice.

“General Fargus has a preference for women with abundant chests, you know?”

“… Oh.”

Marietta’s eyes went wide, and she cast a look at Saphine’s own abundant set of hills. The young duchess truly had a glamorous body equipped with a destructive pair of cannons.

“That, is certainly correct.”

“So it is.”

Saphine nodded with a smile, satisfied with the effect of her breasts.

Now this is a mood I can use!

Beginning with this reference to Marietta’s body, she could take hold of the conversation and point out how she was a better match for Belvant’s preferences, but…

“That’s why I’m doing it with my all!”

“Doing what?”

“Massaging my breasts!”

Saphine nearly choked on her tea, but managed to keep silent.

“Since I have learned it is a way to make them larger, of course I would enthusiastically massage them.”