Someone like me pt. 2 🌿 Bucky Barnes

Começar do início

She looked so scared, to go back to a cell, to go back with her soldier still in her head. Shuri hadn't removed it, or so it seems. Little did he know, this was all part of the plan.

•••

'dove sei ora?' Tony speaks into his phone as lowly as he can without Steve nor Bucky hearing it. (Where are you?)

'sono nell'ultima posizione, se non ce l'hanno qui allora..' You reply. (I'm at the last location, if they don't have it here then.)

'ehi, lo troverai, ti fidi di me?' (Hey, you will find it, do you trust me?)

'sì e no..' (yes and no)

It earns you a chuckle from Tony. You're slowly losing hope again. After weeks of going from hydra base to hydra base for the cure to whatever Hydra put in the serum.

You'll be able to keep the extras like strength, stealth and other enhancements, they just won't be able to make you a brainless monster again.

And since you're basically dead in the eyes of the government, you can move freely through the world without anybody noticing.

You got Tony to thank for that. He knew you wouldn't make the cut when it came to that pardon, so he came up with a plan, one in case a miracle would occur, and another in case his prediction came through. Which it did.

You had to cause a distraction, so you acted just in the way everyone would expect, it might have been a little extreme and who knows, a couple months prior to that trial, it would've been very plausible for you to react that way. But getting Bucky back is enough to make you want to stay alive, hence you're flying all over the world in search of this damn cure, and speaking to Tony in Italian.

Steve and Bucky both do not speak nor understand Italian and since Tony has a million of his designers there, he picked it up very easily.

'buona Fortuna' he wishes you good luck before hanging up the phone.

You push the phone in your pocket before reaching for the gun tucked away in your suit. You cock it before pushing open the rusty old door.

You never understood why Hydra kept creating bases inside the most abandoned buildings, that literally the first place someone would look. Clearly you have to be a fucking winter soldier to have some intelligence in here.

You put one foot in front of the other, trying to make as little noise as possible, the base is definitely still functioning. You can hear them walk around, ducking rats.

Calm down y/n... come on you can't let her take over..

You swallow the lump in your throat before taking a deal breath. You got this.

The first two agents go down easily, possibly rookies. You don't care really, Hydra is Hydra. Then the next couple agents follow. Surely by now the whole building has been alerted of your presence, and with that also Tony, Friday would snitch on you anyway.

You bust through the door of the lab. To your surprise there's no people in it. You frown but decide to just go with it, there's no time wondering where they went, you need to get the vial and take it to Tony.