C H A P T E R T H R E E

Começar do início

Alice sighed. "Look I know he's an arse, but he's Alex's friend, and he's my friend. So, please, just try."

Zia sighed, but nodded.

Alex called out for the two girls, causing them to turn around. "We're giving George a lift to the airport." he said, obviously unaware that there was still tension between the other two drivers.

Zia looked from Alice, to Alex and back again. Alice shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it will be good for you. If you to get paired up for a press conference and you act like this, the media will have a feild day."

Zia sighed, but didn't argue. Alice was right. If the press paired her up with George to stir some trouble, it would probably get her into more trouble acting like this.

She gave Alice a small 'Okay' before the pair walked over to the two men. The Taxi pulled up about two minutes later, Alex got in the passenger seat, Alice sat by the right window, meaning that George sat in the middle, and Zia next to him.

The three were quite crowded in the back of the Taxi, and Zia could feel George's leg brush up against hers. She stared out of the window, not making any attempt to make conversation.

Alex, Alice and the Taxi driver were conversing as the car went along, and George saw this as an opportunity to try and talk to Zia.

He nuged her arm with his elbow, but she didn't turn around. He did it again, and again, until she turned to him, and unimpressed expression on her face. "What?"

"I was going to apologise. For the crash I mean."

Zia blinked at him, "You what?"

George frowned slightly, "Uh, this is-this is me apologising. I guess. And about the Ferrari seat, " he whispered, "I know I'm not supposed to know but."

"Oh." she hadn't expected this. "Um, thank you?"

George nodded and then faced forward, leaving Zia to turn back to the window, still confused.

ALICE FROWNED AS Zia finished examining what had happened in the car. "So, he just apologised?"

Zia nodded. "I mean, it wasn't the most heartfelt thing in the world but, it's an apology."

"Yeah it does sound a bit forced. But that's good though right? Maybe now you can move on from it all?" Alice said, in an attempt to lufhtne the mood.

Zia shrugged. "I suppose." Even though George had apologised, she still felt angry about the Ferrari seat. Ferrari have such an important place in F1, and despite the past couple of seasons, they've done well. Zia thought that perhaps she could help turn their bad luck around with Leclerc, pertentially gain some podiums, maybe even wins.

Alice noticed her friend's expression. "Hey, there are plenty of other seats."

"20. There's 20 Alice. That's not plenty." Zia retorted.

Alhce sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing with Zia. She was right of course, there were only 20 seats in Formula One, and there were many drivers in Formula Two, and even Three that would be more than happy to take a seat in the big leagues.

Zia had it harder than the rest too. Being a female in a male dominated area, bringing in sponsers wasn't easy. F1 is a money driven sport, and there have been incidents where a perfectly good driver had been booted because of the lack of money, Esteban Ocon for example.

Ferrari would have been Zia's ticket to a promised future, but now, she was back where she stared, trying to make herself viable to other Team Principals.

Little did they know that Zia had caught the eye of a Team Principal, sat in a large office in Milton Keynes.

there's gonna be a time skip because Icba to right the amount of time between now and what I have planned 🙃