Six: Uninvited Guest

Start from the beginning

"Can I join you?" Kise's jaw drops. My face burns as Kise's golden eyes study and judge me.

"No." I state harshly and coldly.

"Buy Ryoko~." Nate tries to convince me and the judgement from my friend becomes too much to take. I find myself stomping upstairs and slamming the door shut. I scrub my make up off and jump into a fast body shower, shower cap over my hair so I don't have to blow dry it. Once I'm out of the shower I bolt into my room, slamming that door shut too.

Embarrassed blush stains have not left my face. I dry myself off and select something to wear. What am I going to do? What if Nate tells Kise about America? Like in his twisted way? The way that Nate "soiled his reputation" at home because he had interest in me? That served him right! Choose which Ry' you want to be seen with, don't just be all over both of them! How I kept rejecting him? That was his fault! You don't just try and be sensual at the tournament that we just got to the next round on!

What if Nate fills my overly affectionate friend, my only friend's head with lies? He can't! He won't! Will he?

Oh god, emotions are attacking me! I need to calm down. What's the worst thing that can happen? Both of them are smart. Surely they will be at a stalemate. I hope so.

I head downstairs, now in a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Nate is in the recliner! I head to the sofa and sit beside Kise. God, it took a while for me to be comfortable with him as Ryoko. After he found out I had intended to avoid him but of course, that was impossible.

I look at Nate from my place beside Kise. Nate looks exactly the same, except a little bit bigger; bulkier. His eyes, despite being the same shade of mahogany brown, are hard with experience and burning with anger. Nate's mousey brown hair has been cut and styled in a new way. We used to laugh at idiots with that hair cut. Clearly he is now the object of many girls' affections and I bet he has no reservations about giving those foolish girls what they want.

"Tch. I thought maybe I would get to come and visit so I could see my dear dear Ryoko in all her glory. Hasn't your chest got bigger? Is that why your hiding behind your friend over there?" I seize a sofa cushion and throw it at Nate. Rude!

"Konekochi..."

"You don't care, Nate. You can have all the busty girls you want back home...." I stand up. "So why is it." I lean over to him, as if I am about to kiss him. The judging eyes of Kise Ryouta are searing my skull. I seize a fistful of Nate's wirery hairsprayed hairdo.

"Why is it that you're here?"

"I'm not going to answer to you, Ryoko, you're a devious bitch. Can wrap any fool around your finger."

"You're more than a fool." I start to tug on his hair.

His teeth clench and the sudden jerk of his stiff hair.

"Is it wrong to come and visit my dear Ryoko?"

"It is." I nod, pulling again. "When I never mentioned when, where and why I was going. So who put you up to this shit!"

Kise looks dumbstruck. He looks mortified.

"It wasn't mum!" My emotions are taking hold. "Because she watched me waste weeks crying over you and your sorry ass! No way she would opt to subject me to this!"

Nate says something. Kise is stunned still. A cocky grin slithers onto Nate's face.

"Oi, Ryouta!" Kise's eyes snap onto Nate. "You're clearly stupid. Pretty and stupid. She's just going to play you like a basketball and when you're all smooth with nothing to give, don't be surprised if she tosses you aside!"

I let him go, pulling my hand out of the wirery mess of Nate's hair.

"Nice to see you Nate. It's been great. Now...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

"Well where am I meant to go?" My old captain is in the front garden.

"I model at the Sekai hotel in central Tokyo from time to time, it's nice there, not too far from here. Bye now!" My friend shuts the door on Nate.

And once the door is closed, I fall apart. Kise holds me as I let out my emotions.

"Konekochi, don't cry." He murmurs into my hair.

"How can I not!" I'm staining his school shirt with my tears.

"Konekochi... He was someone to you, wasn't he...?"

"H-how did you know?" I choke out.

"The anger in your eyes was of heartbreak. I've seen it a lot." Kise admits.

"I'm okay." I state, lying.

"No you're not, Konekochi. And until you are, I'm not letting you go!" He declares. I roll my eyes, doubting it.