nine. the festival

Start from the beginning

Rexha shrugged her shoulders, a smile gracing her lips. "It's not my story to end, but yours. So, who am I to judge? I've done already the same with Exousia. We're not so different from each other if you think about it, Soot."

"What will you do after L'manberg blows up?" Wilbur interjected, changing the subject.

The woman merely stared at him, "Schlatt will fall out and hide once his power has been taken from him. Only then will I take action to take him out."

"You'll kill Schlatt?" Wilbur's face became pale as he shifted uneasily with the fact that this woman had no hesitation with her motives.

"What makes you think I can't? A person can easily kill a man with the right motivation."

Rexha clipped both of her blades back to the cincher of her waist before picking up the black cloak that was left scattered on the ground. "He didn't hesitate when he killed my mother, so why should I?"

She walked towards Wilbur and placed a hand on his shoulder as she looked up at him with those dread-filled crimson eyes. Rexha hung her head as she pat the fabric of his coat. "Good luck, Wilbur. The Festival awaits us."

𓆸

With golden grace, the horizon's halo arrived. The crowd erupted in applause as they awaited the emperor of their great country's speech for the Festival. The three of them hid in plain sight from a structure, Tommy and Wilbur stared with contempt as Rexha remained apathetic and guarded on position as she continued to observe from afar.

Schlatt stood proud and still on the podium, Tubbo and Quackity by his side, completely oblivious to the hundreds of explosives stacked beneath them. He proceeded to commence with his speech, silencing the cheer and applause of the entire crowd gathered before him. Rexha didn't bother paying attention to his speech but instead allowed each word to slip from one ear to the other.

"Without any further ado, I raise Tubbo, my right hand man, to the microphone."

She only paid attention after Schlatt finished his speech so Tubbo could deliver his. Rexha straightened her posture, her hand resting on the hilt of her sword. She sensed his uneasiness as soon as he cleared his throat to begin talking.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentleman."

Tubbo grasped the microphone in his hands. "A wise man once told me, that L'manberg was like a lettuce. There's so many layer of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash off all the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal."

"Schlatt has successfully washed all of the insects off our great nation. And with that, he's allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through."

Rexha couldn't help but cringe and kiss her teeth at Tubbo's words. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to look around at what we've built today. Look at each other. All of this, thanks to democracy and the leadership of Jschlatt. Our people have been beaten down by rulers and dictators for so long. Now, we are finally free!"