Prologue

Ziggy Pov

"The witch, the town curse. For one night, Cindy believed there was a way to end it. So I thought there was too. But now I know, there is no end" I ended my sentence before I got up to switch off the alarm clock.

"Like I said, your best chance is to run from this place. Go as far as you can and hope a bus doesn't hit you on your way out"

"We found the body off highway 5 in the woods between Shady side and Sunnyvale." Deena started.

"No that's not possible" I was sure that the body couldn't be found.

"Oh it's there trust me. The chains, the bones, the whole thing" josh started trying to make me believe them.

"That could be anyone" I began before I was interrupted by Deena.

"Why do you think our friends died?" For the same reason they killed Alice, your sister. The killer came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find. And I wished to god that it never happened, but we found it. We found what you were looking for in '78, we found Sarah Fier. Look please, we.... nurse lane was right, we can end the curse by reuniting the hand with the body. And we know where the body is so all we need is the hand. What happened to camp nightwood? Is the hand bone still there. Is it still buried underneath the hanging tree?"

When Deena and Josh went to find the hand bone I picked up the phone and decided it was time to face her. I dialled her house and waited for her to pick up, instead it was one of her house maids.

"Robinson household, what can I do for you" there was a feminine voice in the other side of the phone.

"I need to speak to ellie- to Elizabeth Robinson"