Home again (asra)

Gender neutral Y/N and NB Asra fluff for the soul. Hope you enjoy <3

(i personally headcannon asra as using they/he pronouns so if there is a switch in pronouns at any point I'm sorry, I tried to keep it simple with just they/them for the story but I may have made mistakes, if I did I'm sorry)

————————————
It was finally the end of the work day, Asra had been gone for a week now and I had offered to take charge of the shop, normally they would insist that I close up earlier in their absence but I had been looking for stuff to do that day so i had foolishly doubled my workload.

You notice Faust slithering across the counter to you "Rest!" She hissed slithering up to your now outstretched hand and bumping her head against it. You smiled at Faust as she curled up around your outstretched arm resting comfortably on your shoulders.

I suppose I had been running on empty seeing as my slumber had been occupied by a strange restlessness, either way i was ready to drop.

You dragged yourself over to the couch across from the counter and threw yourself down, as you sunk into the cushions a wave of relief washed over you followed by a yawn as your eyes fell shut and sleep overtook you.

You had fallen into a comfortable and dreamless sleep sprawled out Un-gracefully yet snugly on the shop couch. Faust maneuvered herself around you to face the door as she awaited the return of Asra.

Asra walked towards the shop adjusting a satchel they had hanging around their shoulder as they grabbed their keys.

Arriving home after a trip was one of Asra's favorite things, coming home to the bustling markets, Muri and his shack, and most importantly the familiar feeling of both Y/N and Faust's magic were some of the things that made Vesuvia enjoyable.

They unlocked the door pushing it open to hear the familiar click that indicated the end of their journey.

Asra took a deep breath and was met with a familiar scent of incense and herbs. They took a step forward kicking their shoes off as a small voice hissed hurriedly. "Sleeping!"

Asra turned their head to see Faust curled on top of an unconscious Y/N. Asra looked at their familiar and smiled happily but stopped for a second listening intently as she continued "Y/N tired! Shop busy".

Asra sighed a slight smile resting on their face as they extended a hand to Faust, she slithered up their arm draping herself comfortably around their shoulders. Asra gently put away their rucksack and took of their vest before turning to you.

They approached you carefully, scooping you up in their arms, they stood for a second holding you close while looking down at your peaceful face through their long eyelashes. Their violet eyes fixated on you as the worries they carried in the back of their mind melted away.

They were frozen like a statue  until you stirred slightly nuzzling into their comforting arms.

Now shaken from their thoughts they carried you up the stairs to your shared apartment above the shop, they gently brought you to bed, they placed you down resting your head on one of the many pillows on the bed.

Faust slithered down Asra's arm finding comfort on a pillow with a heating pad inside that Asra heated with their magic. Faust bumped her head against his hand as a thank you before coiling around the warm cushion.

Asra turned back to you, they decided to grab a blanket to drape over you when they felt a pair of arms snake around their waist. Suddenly before they could say anything you gently tugged them down onto the bed.

For a moment both of you lay quietly before Asra chuckled and turned to you their head propped up with their elbow. "Miss me Y/N?" They teased a ghost of a smirk settling on their face.

You opened your sleepy eyes as much as they would allow as you wrapped your arms back around the coy magician laying next to you. Asra's eyes softened at this gently laying back down and taking you into their arms, they pulled you in gently holding you closely as they pulled a blanket over the both of you.

Your chin was resting in the crook of Asra's neck before you lifted your head to whisper in their ear "I did.. miss you that is" you mumbled, sleepily pressing a kiss to their cheek as you rested back into the crook of their neck.

Asra grinned placing a gentle kiss to the top of your head, they went to reply before they saw the rise and fall of your chest slow as you fell back to sleep. Asra sighed happily closing their own eyes and allowing their weary mind rest. The journey was over and they were home.