⩫Chapter 3 - My Lady⩫

Start from the beginning

"Sorry but I need to go now" she said, fiddling with her fingers. I nodded before extending my hand to her with a smile. 

"My name is Leonardo Vermillian! It was nice to meet you!" I said cheerfully as she took my hand to shake it. 

"It was nice meeting you to Leonardo! My name is Penelope, Let's meet again!" she exclaimed with a bright smile before she ran towards her mother, who was patiently waiting for her. 

As they walked hand in hand, I could still see her looking back at me from her shoulder. But soon enough they disappeared into the crowd. 

 And that was how I first met the Dear childhood friend I have now. 

--END OF FLASHBACK -- 

▶LEONARDO P.O.V◀

'Now that I think about it, that day is still so clear...' Leonardo thought at the memory. He couldn't help but put up a smile. Max noticed his master's expression and only thought whether or not his master is up to something. 

"Seems like this is kinda connected to me" Penelope stated making Leonardo and Max snap away from their thoughts.

"How so?" I asked in clarification.

"Leo, Remember when I secretly exposed the count's corruption about him only enjoying luxury and letting his territory rot?" she asked me, while tapping the table with a piece of paper in her other hand.

"Ah, wasn't that count one of the second prince's supporters? looks like the Queen is just making a fuss. tsk" I clicked my tongue in annoyance at the thought.  

Thanks to the queen his father was given work and since he often pushed his work to his 2nd son, Leonardo was even more annoyed. There were even times where he claimed Leonardo's work as his own, ever since he found out he was a skilled in politics and business.  

'That Bastard father of mine really...' Just the thought of how my father is enjoying himself right now is making anger rise in my chest.

"Leo, I'll help with most of these, since it is clearly connected to me either way." Penelope smiled as she noticed my angered state. I only nodded in response and steady my breathing to calm down and focus on the papers infront of us. 

 Penelope Eckart. ever since ' Those days ' she grew power and wealth, expanding her influence even in the underworld. Ever since she new about the corruption of the nobility she had been reducing the queens supporters and military in secret.