Walking miles

Skys pov:

Me and Ash finally leave school. We normally take ages to leave because we just love talking to the teachers, especially Mark and Laura. We walk to a bench and sit down.

Ash: I love them.

Sky: You love who now?

Ash: Mr bastion and Miss Marie.

Sky: Ugh same. I ship them together, they would be good parents.

Ash: To us.

Sky: Laura and Mark, together forever.

Ash: Don't Laura have a boyfriend?

Sky: She spoke about him before, yes but she hasn't spoken about him in awhile.

Ash: What about Mark?

Sky: Nah he single man.

Ash: Ugh I just don't wanna go home.

Sky: We don't have to.

Ash: Wait? What do you mean?

Sky: We can run away.

Ash: Where?

Sky: Somewhere away from home.

Ash: What about school?

Sky: We can still go to school just don't go home.

Ash: Oh okay.

We sit there for hours talking about what we are going to do. We didn't receive any calls or texts from our parents and they didn't seem to care that we haven't returned home. We decided to keep walking and walking to see where it could lead us. It started pouring it down with rain and it got even harder to walk, was this a good idea?

Sky: It looks like we've walked from Newbury to Thatcham.

Ash: It feels like we've been walking for hours.

Sky: Come on, theres houses down here..

Ash: We aren't safe out in this weather, Sky. We got school tomorrow and we got to go looking like this with no stuff.

Sky: I don't care anymore, lets go.

We were knackered from the walking and the rain and thunder. Its dark out and I'm starting to regret this choice. We see headlights coming towards, a car that looked familiar to us.

Sky: Sky.. is that who I think it is?

Sky: Oh my god.

She pulls up in her black car into the drive way. She gets out with her long beige coat and her brown handbag, she looks at us funny.

Miss Marie: Girls, you are soaked, what are you doing here outside my house?

Sky: We are so sorry Miss, we didn't know this was your house. We've walked miles from Newbury to thatcham... We carried on walking and walking and we just gave up here.

Ash: We didn't want to go home so we decided to never go back.

Sky: Yeah, no phonecalls, no texts.

Ash: They don't care.

We both stare at the ground and sighed Miss Marie looks at us in sadness.

Miss Marie: Girls, you don't need to apologise. Now how about you come inside mine and I can warm you guys up. Lets chat inside.

Its 9:45pm, on a school night. Me and Ash wasn't expecting Laura to come home so late. We are in her house what the fuck... it smells so nice and her gray sofa is so comfy. Me and Ash sit on the sofa and wait for Laura.