The Rumor

"Oh my god! Nikki you've got to see this" Jenny said staring disgusted at her phone

"What is it?" I said grabbing her phone

There on the screen was the rumor Conner posted about our break up. I held in tears as I read the post over again: Damn whore slept with 6 other guys. Prostitute.

I felt like I was going to throw up I stared blankly at the screen thinking of what today was going to be like.

"Let me see!" Claire shouted grabbing the phone her frusturated tone changed as she read the post. "Nikki I'm so sorry" she said sympathetically

I sighed and got out of the car slamming the door.

Walking through the halls was horrible. Girls glared at me and hung tight to their boyfriends. Guys grinned and asked "how much for an hour" it disgusted me. Claire and Jenny would glare at the guys and roll their eyes at the girls. I wanted to run away get out of this hell hole Connor put me in. Right when I thought things couldn't get worse Conner walked in. I stranded there all I wanted to do was slap him in the face and yell at him. He walked by me a big smirk on his face.

"Look the prostitute showed up today, thought you'd be in the new guys bed" he said chuckling

Suddenly the mysterious man from the grill punched Conner in the face.

"Never talk about a lady like that" he said almost growling. I stood there shocked as he took my hand looked me in the eyes and said

"Can we talk outside"

I nodded shocked and slightly scared as we walked out to the courtyard. He looked at my wrist which was covered by my long sleeve shirt. Gently he pulled the sleeve up and looked at the many black and blue bruises along my arm. He looked me in the eyes he actually looked worried.

"D-did he do this to you" he asked sympathy and worry filled his voice.

I stumbled trying to find the right words. "Uh I uh y-yeah" nervousness flushed my face.

"He's going to be dead soon!" He growled

"No stop!" I pleaded "I don't even know you why do you care?!" I said kind of harshly.

He looked at me his mysterious eyes sort of shimmered in the sunlight.

He grinned "I'm Damon, Damon Salvatore" he said before walking off to find Connor