"Hey don't say it like that!"

"Whatever, don't be so embarrassed. Andddd... unfortunately my cab is already here. I hope you enjoy this evening, and again, happy fucking birthday Donghyuck."

"Thanks Chanyeol." Donghyuck retorted, and the couple watched as Chanyeol was soon out the door.

Soomin turned towards her boyfriend, finding him already staring back.

"Soo, 21 huh?" She raised a brow playfully. "An important birthday."

"Yeah, so important that you didn't even bring me a present." Donghyuck pinched her cheek.

"No that's not true. It's just... a work in progress."
"Is that a new name for 'oops, sorry, I forgot'?"
"Not at all, I'm serious!"
"Sure sure." Donghyuck laughed.

Suddenly, the doorbell echoed through the entire house, making it partially go quiet. The couple turned to each other, the boy with confusion in his eyes. Soomin simply smirked.

"I guess the progress is done." She muttered quietly, loud enough for Donghyuck to hear, but he didn't understand either way.

Jungwoo had been standing beside the front door, therefore was the one who opened it, and the entirety of NCT watched the figure coming in.

It only took a second for Donghyuck to register, a large gasp escaping his mouth as his eyes widened.

"I told you." Soomin whispered into his ear. "I only give the best gifts."

And she watched with a gentle smile as Donghyuck's shocked eyes moved to her, and then right back into the identical eyes of his mother. It took him seconds to begin walking toward her with desperately large strides, reaching her within moments and throwing his arms around her. The rest of NCT cheered as the two embraced, a couple of happy tears sliding down Donghyuck's cheeks.

After a long minute, the boy's mother pulled away, cupping his face and staring up at him with a huge mix of emotions. "You've grown so much." She could barely speak over the sobs that threatened to escape her throat.

Donghyuck smiled, pulsing his lips together as guilt washed over him. "I'm sorry for not coming back home, I-"

"It's fine, you don't have to." His mother interrupted him, voice soft and gentle. "You're happy here, and that's all that matters to me. You have amazing friends- actually this kind, well-mannered girl was the one that called me here. Her name was Soo... Soo..."

"Soomin." Donghyuck said, his mother nodding.

"Right, Soomin. Is she your friend?"
"No, she's my girlfriend."

His mother's mouth fell agape. "Really? That's amazing! Even over the phone I knew that she was a nice girl, can I meet her?"

"Of course, but before you do," Donghyuck turned his head, locking eyes with Soomin who's eyes glimmered with excitement and happiness. "I think I owe her a massive hug."

And with that, Donghyuck left his mother's arms, and found himself running to Soomin. His hands quickly encircled her and lifted her off the ground, the girl emitting a surprised yelp as he spun her around.

"Thank you. Thank you so much Min, I freaking love-" He cut himself off by planting a short kiss to her lips, before returning to his sentence. "I love you so fucking much, you don't understand." 

"I love you too, Hyuck." Soomin whispered, leaning in for another longer and more passionate kiss as they finally found their place together.

THE END

Well... this is what you call a long ass ride huh Mark

Jokes aside, thank you so much for Lullaby and giving it so much love and support. Throughout the long months that this book has been going on for, I watched my following and engagement grow exponentially, and I couldn't be happier. All of you have made this book enjoyable to write, and every time I opened Wattpad, I was always met with the kind and funny comments you all post.

I'll always have a strong attachment to cold-hearted bad boy Hyuck who turns into a ball of fluff, as well as the cutest of the cute, playful and kind Soomin. They were definitely super interesting characters to write, and will always have a special place in my heart.

Otherwise, I hope you lot have enjoyed Lullaby and I hope we'll meet again in the future, maybe in a different book ;)

Love you all <3
-Jisungshandcuffs