WE ARE REINCARNATED

"Bakit kaya walang tumatagal sa akin na babae, Jin? I mean, not to boast but I have the looks, the personality and a good heart."

Mahina akong natawa sa sinabi ko at maging ang personal doctor kong si Doctor Jin ay natawa na rin.

"Maybe because you haven't found yet your soulmate, Sir Kim. You know, out of 7 billion beating hearts, there is one heart and soul that is really destined for us," he answered straightly.

"But you know what, everytime I go to Lake Pirvana and sit beside the lovely molave tree there, my heart warms and became calmer. Alam mo 'yon, payapa ako sa lugar na 'yon lalo na 'pag malapit ako sa nakatirik na molave tree doon."

"Who would'nt love and be mesmerized by the human shaped Molave Tree there? That's one of the tourist spots in Lake Pirvana!" Doctor Jin commented in great astonishment.

Suddenly, I remembered how the breeze coming from the trees of Lake Pirvana had caressed my skin. I remembered how bemused I was when I first laid my eyes on the Molave Tree. The tree looked like a timeless goddess. With its abstract brunches that is perfectly structured like hair of a lady, everyone would be fascinated with its beauty.

An idea popped on my head after I remembered the placid lake of Pirvana.

"Doc, can you do me a favor?" agarang tanong ko kay Doctor Jin.

Pinukulan ako ng tingin ni Jin at bakas sa mga mata niya ang pagtataka.

"Y-Yes, sir?" nanginginig na tanong niya.

Napalunok ako at habang nakatingin sa kaniya, I forced a smile at him.

"Allow me to go to Lake Pirvana. I want to spend the rest of my time there."

Tila hinila si Doctor Jin sa reyalidad matapos akong nagsalita. Ang kanina'y masayang kuwentuhan ay napalitan ng lungkot at bigat sa pakiramdam.

"No, you'll stay here. I know that you only have 20 percent chances of surviving from a stage three cancer but I'll do whatever it takes for you to survi---"

"I've had enough, Jin. All I want right now is to see the Lake Pirvana and sit beside the Molave Tree," I whispered in a quivering, weak voice.

Jin is my personal doctor for five years and I understood why he's being so emotional right now. I'm a full blooded Spanish and I flew and stayed here in the Philippines for 10 years for business matters. Doctor Jin became my best buddy and he taught me a lot of things

regarding about the Philippine Culture. Since then, I already considered this nation as my second home.

"I'm sorry Sir but I won't risk your life just to go outside," Jin muttered with conviction.

But as a hard-headed as I was, when the clock striked at 12 in the evening, I sneaked out while holding a wodden firm stick to support my body from falling.

I headed to Lake Pirvana which is located just nearby my house. The cold wind started kissing my skin as soon as I approached at the lake. Wala kang maririnig na kahit anong tunog. The luminous moon pinned from the nocturnal sky made the surface of the lake's water glistened and sparkled like diamonds scattered on the water.

It was more breathtaking when it's dark!

My pair of eyes suddenly pasted to the Molave Tree which is just standing in front of me.

As soon as I touched the surface of the tree's body, my heart started beating loudly inside my chest.

Iba 'yong epekto ng paghawak ko sa puno. There's just something on that tree that made my heart beats crazily and frantically.