sixty seven

~

THE sky displayed a dark blue that painted above along with the glittering white stars as it made the night time far more beautiful than the colorful lights Tokyo had offered, among its tallest buildings was one he was at, staring into sa midst of the shadows, his arms resting on the rails that preventing him from falling meters high, as if he paid any attention to that anyway.

"what are you doing here alone?" turning to the side to meet the familiar girl, smiling brightly through the night sky as if it was part of the stars yet she shined on her own like the special being she was, and after all of that.

he still looked at her the same.

like nothing changed, like nothing happened, like it was completely normal, like it was just any day, like he didnt find out, like he didnt get hurt, like he didnt shed tears, like he didnt want to see them ever, like he acted like everything was okay.

like he pretended to be happy when he saw them that day.

and yet he still looked at her the same.

"just wanted to see the view, how about you, nami-chan?" displaying a forced smile was all he could practice, like an actor practicing a script which he pained than ever. a smile alone could mean so many things, a dozen stories that were untold including feelings that didnt bother to be confessed or heard out.

"i just wanted to see you... to ask if youre okay." her voice was toned down at the last part, copying his posture as she as well stared at the pretty view before them. it took a while before the male exhaled a deep breath before he answered with a faint smile.

"of course, why wouldnt i?" naomi could read it all yet she struggled inside on how to potentially handle such a hard position as all of this was entirely her fault, selfish actions were made but couldnt stop anyone from getting hurt shows the risks and consequences when you join in the dangerous game of love.

haitani ran was so fucking tired mentally, he never knew a single heartbreak could lead him into faking his emotions to a woman yet here he was now. the picture of one of the greatest criminals was slowly shattering behind its image that he created through the years as even the most wanted ones like his couldnt escape a pain with no heal, a pain that was no match to the violent things he had encountered as killing something mentally was closer to death than he could ever inagine.

"i'm sorry, ran." she quietly spoke again, loud enough to hear from his stance as it was clear as the waters in Japan for his aching heart to hear. she didnt hold back one bit as that was all she couldve wanted to say to the person who was hurt because of another selfish action she made but what was so selfish about choosing what you want in life?

"i love you, nami-chan." the girl was taken aback as he spoke boldy. she never why those words from the older along with a sad smile of his made her heart shatter just by looking at him.

its probably the first and last time you'll ever hear that from me.

ran never knew a confession was so easy to say yet so hard to do when you know how the outcome was gonna be but taking an opportunity he most likely will never have ever again made him want to speak out everything thats runs inside the head of his, it just made him even more confident in his words but every sentence an arrow would hit his chest as confessing your love to someone who already loves someone else would fall into deaf ears once again, but he knew better, he knew it wouldnt hurt as what could a mere confession woud do if you were already settled with your feelings?