Chapter 5 - Harry's Memories

BACK TO PRESENT

For a while Harry paused his racing mind, though he couldn't stop his racing legs. He smiled and took a few moments to cherish those happy times, before everything changed. But Harry's plan didn't work for long because not soon after, the later memories flooded into his mind.

TW - Self Harm and bullying

BACK TO PAST

SUMMER BEFORE HARRY IS IN YEAR 9 - JUST A FEW THOUGHTS

Harry was disappointed he never got to tell Louis he liked him and he contemplated throughout the summer – should he text his feelings to Louis? He didn't want to make such a big confession over text, he wanted to do it in person, so he never said anything. Throughout the summer, Harry Gemma and Louis texted and it was like always, the two of them caring for Harry and them joking about together, even though via text. Though, Harry missed having them around in person, he was sure he'd survive as long as they remained as close as they were and the way it was going everything was looking to the bright side. Harry had also convinced himself to tell Louis his feelings when Louis returned for Christmas, like he had promised.

1ST DAY OF YEAR 9 - HARRY'S FIRST DAY ALONE IN SCHOOL AND HIM MEETING NIALL, ZAYN AND LIAM

Harry felt odd, walking into school alone after ages and all of a sudden, he missed Gemma and Louis a lot. Realization dawned upon him, he would not ever enter these gates with Gemma and Louis ever again. He would come here alone for the next two years. A tear slipped his eyes, which he quickly wiped away before walking to his class. He sat down and waited for the remaining students to arrive. As the students piled in, Harry noticed a tall raven haired boy and a blonde with a big grin walk in. The black-haired boy had tattoos littering his body, reminding Harry of Louis and the blonde had no tattoos like Gemma. The blonde looked nervous and was rambling and holding on tight black-haired boy's arm while the black haired boy rubbed his arm. Harry smiled figuring out that they were a couple – an adorable one that too.

Harry also saw another new face; this boy had brown Harry and innocent puppy-brown eyes. He was strong and muscular but he looked kind. The teacher introduced them to the class and Harry learnt that the blonde was Niall, the black haired boy was Zayn and the brunette was called Liam.

Everyone took their seats but the three new kids stood, not knowing where to sit. Niall clung to Zayn, obviously wanting to sit together. Harry motioned for them to sit at the empty double bench behind him. He then let Liam sit beside him. It wouldn't hurt to make new friends he guessed. So, he introduced himself to the three new boys and they did the same. Soon the next class started and they all silently began paying attention to class. Afterwards, Harry learnt that they all had the same classes and he offered to show them around. That was just the beginning of a new friendship. 

3 MONTHS INTO YEAR 9 - JUST THE START OF ALL THE PROBLEMS

Harry, Niall, Liam and Zayn became really close and they were always together but Harry always felt as though a bit of him was missing. He still missed Louis and Gemma. Soon, it would be the Christmas vacation and Louis and Gemma would come home. Harry had bought Christmas gifts for both Gemma and Louis and for Louis' birthday he had made a scrapbook of memories which looked gorgeous if he could say so himself. However, though Harry was happy they were coming, he was scared.

How much would they have changed? Would they accept Harry's new friends? And then there was the bullying. It had started a few weeks into year 9. It started with teasing and name calling but now it had turned into rough shoves and the occasional punch. They teased him for being gay. They called him weak for depending in Louis and Gemma. No one knew about the teasing. Harry never told Louis or Gemma because he didn't want to worry them. He didn't tell Zayn, Niall or Liam because he didn't want to seem weak. Also, he preferred to avoid the topic of Gemma and Louis with his new friends and if they knew why he was being bullied, they would definitely question him.