Chapter 4 - Harry's Memories

Start from the beginning

The trio also became 'the group' of the school. People found it adorable – The head of the cheerleaders Gemma, the football captain Louis and the cute and funny Harry. They were everyone's friendship goals and people were jealous of how close they were. However, no one dared mess with them because Louis and Gemma had years of practice of fighting and would not hesitate to smash someone's face if they so much as touched Harry.

HARRY IS IN YEAR 7 AND GEMMA AND LOUIS ARE IN YEAR 9 – HOW HARRY BEGINS TO QUESTION HIS SEXUALITY

Since the past few days, Harry had been wondering. He often found himself lost in thought and more often than not it was about Louis. He found himself questioning his sexuality when he subconsciously checked out Louis during the sleep over. He finally comes to a c0nclusion – He is gay and he has feelings for Louis. At first, he was shocked but then he realizes that though Louis protected him like Gemma did, he would never love Louis like a brother and the that was because he loved Louis more than a brother. He panicked, afraid of destroying his and Louis' friendship due to feelings. So, after ages, rather than talking to Louis he spoke to his mom. He told her everything - the fact that he was gay, that he liked Louis and that he didn't want to ruin their friendship.

Anne told him that he should come out to Louis and Gemma and then it was his choice if he told Louis about his feelings or not. So, that's what Harry did. He came out to his best friend and sister and of course they accepted him readily. Harry's feelings for Louis were at the tip of his tongue but he stayed quiet. "Just for now I will not tell him anything" – he convinced himself. "I'll confess my feelings some other time."

HARRY IS IN YEAR 8 AND GEMMA AND LOUIS ARE IN YEAR 10 - HARRY COMES OUT TO THE SCHOOL

Harry and Louis were lying down together on Harry's bed. It was late in the night and both boys should be asleep but they are still talking quietly. That's when Harry said, " Lou, I want to come out in school. What do you think?" Louis shrugged and asked, "Any particular reason?"

"Not really," Harry replied, "It'd just be good to be myself, not coming out is like hiding my identity and I don't really want to hide myself anymore." Louis smiled proudly at the boy in front of him. He had matured so much from the young boy who Louis got into a fight with. "Plus, it'd be good to get the girls to stop hovering about you," Louis joked. Over the past year, Harry had become nearly Louis's height and quite the looker making him popular amongst girls. No matter how politely Harry refused to date them, they never seemed to understand.

The next day was eventful for Louis. In the morning, a girl came up to Harry and Harry politely refused and he rather loudly stated that he was gay and soon enough word spread around the school. There was a whole load of gossip and rude comments, however, every harsh word received a frightening glare from Louis or Gemma and the speaker shut up within seconds under the scrutinizing gazes of Gemma and Louis. At lunch, a boy named Mark had cornered Harry to beat him up but just as he took his fist back to land a punch on Harry, he got a punch in his own face because, of course, Louis would never let anyone hurt Harry. Louis did have to deal with a few people who were being rude but he had been doing this since ages and wouldn't hesitate, even though he probably would be punished.

SAME YEAR– END OF THE YEAR – GEMMA AND LOUIS ARE LEAVING FOR UNI

Harry was upset. It was time for Gemma and Louis to leave for university. Both of them were going to the same university in London, leaving Harry all alone. Harry was nervous to say the least, his sister and best friend were leaving him. They both reassured him that it would be okay and that distance could never spoil their relation and Harry believed them. After all, there was no reason for the two most important in his life to suddenly, give up on him just because of distance.

So, right now, Gemma and Louis were saying their final goodbyes before they left for Uni. Gemma had said goodbye to everyone and was heading to the train and Louis only was left to say goodbye to Harry. Just as Louis was about to leave, Harry mustered up the courage to tell Louis the secret he had never dared to say. He caught Louis' sleeve and said, "Lou, I love you."

"I love you too Haz, you're my best friend." Came Louis' response. Harry shook his head at the floor and said, "I mean I am in love with you." However, when he looked up to see Louis' reaction, he realized that Louis had already left and didn't hear Harry's confession

SOO...that was a lot to take in and we still aren't done with the memories...