Chapter 16

I was completely numb. This wasn't Cecelia. Not my mum. Not even my sister. What was this person doing here? What an audacity! This was my house. My parents house. How could he shamelessly think he could just walk up here and knock on the door. I didn't know what to do. Images flashed back in my memory. The kick, the pain, the yell, the slap. My hand gripping the door so tightly that I was starting to feel pained. Yet I couldn't drop my hand cause the door was my supporter. Helping me from losing my balance. I could hit the ground if I decided to take a step back. Slowly, I tried to push the door back and close it, but my strength was overpowered and the door was completely open. Immediately he jumped in, laughing. His laughter so disgusting. I couldn't think of what reason made him come into my house. At this point, I wondered if I was the only one facing this, thinking someone, somewhere was facing this too.

"What are you doing here!" My voice came out so loud hoping someone would hear me while I thought of what to say to him. "My Mum is inside so you better leave right now!"

He smiled, then went ahead and chuckled. Even his old etisalat face cap could not hide his ugly face. His skin colour was suddenly irritating me. His extremely dark complexion looking so dull like he hadn't bathed for days. He opened his mouth and the smell of alcohol mixed with the smell of cigarette coming out from his mouth and body filled the whole place.

"You think I don't know your mum is not around," he said and laughed, posing like a stupid fine boy. "Don't try to lie cause I know she's at the shop and your sister isn't around too." Immediately, his hands went straight to his belt that was dropping crumbles to the ground. Looking like a pale skin.

What was he doing? I thought.

Trying to rape me again!

The moment he successfully removed his belt, he turned around and locked the door. This time my heart went beyond frozen. I was dumbfounded. Was he really going to rape me again?

"Come here," he smiled. "Are you saying you didn't enjoy it the first time. But mhen! Virgin for that matter. You are really a good girl. I will be gentle this time. Shhhhhhhh." He was back to threaten me again. His eyes telling me if I scream, he was going to hit me. Hit the hell out of me.

My eyes slowly became wet. I didn't know what to do. Tears couldn't solve what was on ground. I was frightened by his presence, yet I didn't know what to do. All of a sudden, I found that bit of courage to scream. No, this would not happen again. From the letter Abby sent to me, it made me realise if I didn't fight him so hard this time, he would keep coming back.

He ran closer to cover my mouth and immediately something came to my mind. The minute he brought his hand closer, I launched my teeth on his dead skin and bit his hand so hard. He screamed, hit me so hard but I didn't release it. He was going to ever have that mark from me to remind him of this day. Even if he eventually had his way, I also wanted to inflict pain on him. Tears rolled down my cheeks because the beating was so painful. I removed my teeth, and while he was still mourning from the pain, I kicked him from below. He shouted and grabbed himself. All all of a sudden, we both turned towards the door.

My saviour had arrived early this time.

But not just one.

I burst into tears as the heavy knock came like there were people trying to break down the door. And as if they threw something at the door, the door came flying open with force. Before me were the boys in my street and my mum. I didn't know when my butt hit the ground and I burst into another fit of tears. Thank you lord. I managed to say, my eyes giving birth to hot tears. The next thing I heard was the sound that came from the beating he was being given from left and right with different comments.

"Omo you get mind o. How you take do am?"

"As in, how you walk inside person house come meet her daughter. You and that small girl."

"He must have been watching her."

"Foolish man, you think you can succeed here. You are not beating him well." I heard the boys say one after the other.

"I knew something wasn't right when I saw this stupid man hanging around for some days now. I had to send Chinedu to come and call you when I saw him approaching your apartment today. Omolade greeted me so I knew she was the only one at home." Our landlady said to my mum. Her husky voice coming out louder than the rest of them. She sounded so pain, unable to believe what just happened, but then, every mother who has a girl child would feel the same. She touched my shoulder. "I hope he didn't do anything to you?"

The question erupted more tears from my eyes.

How I wish they know.

That this would be his second time.

I hugged my mum. The fact that I couldn't tell them what this guy had done to me made me succumb to the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks in fear. My mum hugged me back, and finally I was able to have that feeling I wanted so much. "Stop crying. Thank God he didn't do anything to you. You see why I tell you to stop going to Abby's house. Whatever friendship you both have, you should end it in school. Knowing the kind of family she came from had been the reason why I asked you to disassociate yourself from her and be careful about going to her house all the time. Now you see that animal she has as a brother. Thank God for landlady. We thank God the worse didn't happen. He will be reported and I will make sure of that. Thank you ma." Mum thanked the Landlady again.

"Omo mi ni Omolade. (Omolade is my child)." she said in her native language. "We can't leave these children alone on their own. What we see, they don't see. So they think we are just too hard on them. I'm always watching them cause I wouldn't want such thing to happen in my house too. God will protect them for us in Jesus name."

"Amen."

Everyone left, except for my mum. She was there with me, and her hug and words were able to comfort me. With her by side, I felt safe. But I do not think I would ever be able to forget this day.

_________________________________

Author's note

Thank you so much for reading #NSMU
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SUPPORT WITH TOUR VOTES, AND COMMENTS. IT MEANS A WHOLE LOT TO ME🙏🏾

Let's see, whose POV do you want next🤩

While you follow my IG account @josephyewande please kindly follow my makeup page @makeupbyzabeth or search for zabethsbeauty. Thank you so much 🙏🏾

I'm now on Tiktok😂 I've been enjoying it and have been using it for my books. @yauthor

See you in my next update 😁