0.4

I huff slightly as I walk behind Bonzo and Zed to class, Eliza beside me talking about what ever new computer system she was able to hack in to last night.

"Yeah I rigged my z-band enough that I can play flappy bird." The smaller zombie says beside me with a grin.

I grin slightly, the news helping me wake up a bit more. "Really! Oh that's so fun! You should do that to mine. Something to do during class." I giggle out.

"Excuse you, but can I talk yet?" Zed asked turning around, walking backwards as he talks to us. "I got rejected from the football team and I met a cheerleader. I thought she was cool..you know?"

I sigh softly, rolling my eyes waiting for him to finish his rambling. "I thought she was different. I thought she was the one!" He frowns, his shoulder slouching a bit. "But I was wrong.. cheerleaders are terrible.." He whispers defeatedly.

"I tried to tell ya..." I say patting his shoulders as I push him out of the way, so I could sit down. "And it's not just cheerleaders. All humans are terrible."

Zed sighs, nodding his head sadly, watching as I put my backpack down.

"Whoa, whoa!" The zombie teacher/janitor shouts from the front of the basement room. Catching everyone's attention, yet he wasn't looking at any of us. "There's no humans students in the basement!"

My eyes widen as I quicjly turn around to see the same dang cheerleader Zed is head over heels for standing at the door.

"Uh...someone talked in the cafeteria.." She calls out quietly.

I roll my eyes at her tense form, smirking slightly as I remember the power I hold over her. Ah yes the fear tactic. Makes them shiver everytime.

The teacher sighs loudly. "Right... still the janitor." He whispers to himself, gathering up his mop and bucket before heading out of the room.

Addison moves out of the doorway to let him pass, looking back at Zed eith a smile. "Um..theres a pep rally this afternoon... Will I see you there?"

Oh great even more cheerleaders. Stay strong Zed! Remember your new hatred for cheerleaders!

"Of course! I'd love to!" He spoke out excitedly.

And we lost him again.

"Zed." I call out, laughing nervously as I walk back over to the two. "You forget? We're zombies.. zombies don't do pep rallys." I say with a stiff smile, glaring a bit at Addison to make her back off.

Zed frowns, looking down at me then over at Bonzo and Eliza who were shaking their heads. "We'll think about it!" He says.

Addison smiles with a nod. "Okay!" She giggles softly, leaving the room.

I groan once she left, rolling my eyes. "There goes your thought on cheerleaders being different."

"Can we crack a window open? It stinks of human." Eliza grumbles out, as Bonzo speaks encouragingly.

Zed sighs. "We need to work on your peopling skill guys..."

I laugh, shaking my head as I slouch back in my seat. "Good luck with that."

"I can't believe you actually dragged us out here to see a cheerleader dance..." I grumble as I stand stiffly in the bleachers surrounded by other humans.

Zed rolls his eyes with a smile as he wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Just relax. This might last like 30 minutes tops!"

I roll my eyes as I grumble, looking back toward the floor as the cheersquad starts to come out.

I could hear Bonzo and Zed screaming their heads off along with everyone else, as they cheer along with the cheerleaders.

I grumble watching as they flip across the gym floor, shaking their pom poms... why do they get so much love for this?

I sigh looking away as I take in the looking the gym, amazed by how nice it looks compared to the basement.

"Welcome to Seabrook high cheer rally!" A voice broke out through the cheers.

I turn my attention back to see the same guy from before at the zombie safe room speak.

"It is gonna be a great year. We are gonna win the State Cheer Championship...again!" He says making everyone start screaming even louder.

Ugh humans and their stupid hope.

I huff in annoyance as I slowly fold in on myself in discomfort.

"Ease up Zuri.." Zed says with a comforting smile. "It's suppose to be fun, relax. Nothing bad is gonna happen."

I smile back weakly. "..if you say so." I whisper looking back at the small show.

I frown, moving closer to Zed as I notice some cheerleaders focus on our group a bit more. This doesn't feel right..

The cheerleaders flipped around throwing Addison up into the air as a few from the side run in holding sparklers.

I inhale quickly, tensing up beside Zed as I stare in horror at the small fire stick. "Z-Zed..!" I gasped out.

Zed shakes his head, grabbing on to my arm, protectively. "D-Don't worry... just a little fire.." he answers shakily. "..it can't hurt us.. Bonzo!"

I snap my gaze from the fire to my friend who's running head first to the fire, growling loudly. The cheerleaders screaming as the rush away from the "monster".

"Addison!" Zed yells, watching as the catchers run from their spot leaving Addison up in the air with no safe way down.

The crowd went in panic mode, screaming and pushing past us to get to safe, away from zombies.

I stumble back but fortunately having the good end as Zed got pushed down a step, him landing on his safe as he lets out a loud growl.

His body shook as dark veins showed up along his body. He snapped his head up growling and biting at anyone who came close to him. Focusing on Addison who began falling back down.

"Zed dont!" I yell shakily, watching as my brother took off.

He fell on his knees catching the girl who was almost dead.

I stood in shock watching him calm back down. 

The people around me seems just as shocked as I was. Staring in disbelief at the rescue he made.

"You and me! My office now!" A voice broke out from the side lines after a whistle blew.

Zed why do you have to cause more trouble...