Monkey Sea Monkey Sing

"We have made great strides already my dear partner." Hawkmoth's voice echoed lightly in his sanctum as he cultivated his butterflies. "Soon we will have all the pieces we need, but first it is time to make yourself known once more."
  "I get to flex my wings again, you are most generous my tamer." Dinobeemon buzzed clambering across the ceiling like the twisted bug he was.
  "Your first goal is to spread a little chaos amongst my targets." Gabriel stood and nodded to Nathalie who brought up a picture of the young teens of his son's school. "Ladybug frequently enlists from the classes of the Francois DuPont highschool where my son goes to school." The villain said thoughtfully.
  "Really?" The Digimon dropped down and examined the class photo. "Why is that?"
  "It's not hard to guess." Gabriel snorted. "The school is one of the best in the city and famously promotes its students efforts to aid both the community and their own futures, it's practically a nest of future heroes." The designer sneered as he turned to his monster. "You will start with this one." He walked over and gestured at one of the students. "She has been akumatized more than anyone else in the school her emotions are in constant turmoil." Gabriel caught himself before he became too absorbed in his tirade and forced himself to smile confidently. "Such is the curse of adolescence so many emotions bubbling to the surface, straining relationships and fostering disobedience."
  "Humans are so strange." Dinobeemon chuckled as it stepped back and with a wave of its arms the colossal insect was replaced by a small girl in a pink dress.
  "So my tamer." The voice of the monster slowly shifted into a small feminine one. "What are my orders."

   "Come ooooon, tell me what it iiiiisssss." Lalamon begged.
  "Hmmm ok."
  "Really? What is it?"
  Marinette smiled cheekily. "It is a surprise!"
  "Gaaaaah you got me!" Lalamon fumed floating across the room away from her tamer who was still working on the red fabric creation.
  "If I told you what it was you'd never let me work on anything else." Marinette giggled passing the fabric through her sewing machine.
  "You're not helping!" Lalamon huffed.
  "Don't worry Lalamon like everything Marinette makes it'll be well worth the wait, and that applies to designs and pastries." Tikki smiled floating over to circle the Digimon and lead her back to the other side with the promise of cookies.
  "But as much as we love watching you work Marinette it's time to go soon." The kwami noted.
  "Go? Where am I going now?" Marinette glanced at her calendar where in big red letters was written, "pool day". The heroine's brain took this statement in. Mulled it over for a few seconds. Then spit out the logical conclusion.
  "I'M LATE!!!"
  Kwami and digimon simultaneously facepalmed. When would she learn?

  As Marinette sprinted down the sidewalk with her Digimon floating after her Adrien slid by in his father's car. The young model watched his friend sprint down the sidewalk and gave a small chuckle. She zigzagged through a crowd giving a wave to baby August as she ran by. The infant sat in a new double stroller with a snoozing baby Digimon with goat horns.
  "She never ceases to amaze me." Adrien looks ahead at the city pool where their friends would be waiting for them.
  "She never ceases to be late either." Salamon snickered cleaning it's paws.
  "She tries so hard even with so much on her plate, did you know she's making an official T-shirt for Jagged Stone?"
  "Which one is Jagged Stone again?" The Digimon barely perked an ear.
  "Boy you're not impressed by anything are you?" Adrien gave the digi pup a scratch behind the ear.
  "I'm impressed you're still in love with Ladybug after she's brushed you off so many times." Salamon gave a playful nudge to the hand scratching him.
  "I'll love her till the end of time and back, you can count on that." Adrien smiled then looked out the window again as they went through another light.
  "Gosh there's so many Digimon in Paris now." The young model looked out at the citizens of Paris many now accompanied by digital monsters.
  Andre the ice cream peddler now had a massive snow man pushing his cart.
  Passing an alley Adrien spotted a Pinocchio looking Digimon laying against the wall asleep.
  Continuing around a corner Adrien spied Officer Raincomprix now with his partner Gumdramon directing traffic around a large sleeping Digimon that looked like a triceratops. The model laughed at the absurdity of it all as they arrived at the pool.
    Adrien and Salamon exited the car and quickly rushed over to the group of kids waiting outside. Marinette ran up shortly after, the girl launched herself into the arms of her friends as Alya caught her and the two began to lightly wrestle and squeal.
  It was a truly surreal scene. The people Adrien had come to call his friends accented by the presence of the Digimon many had met and befriended.
  Rose and Floramon held Juleka in a tight embrace as they laughed.
  Mylene and Opossumon traded jokes and jabs with Ivan and Gotsumon.
  Alix with Lopmon on her back skated circles around Kim and Max.
  Chloé and Kagami traded jabs about their ridiculous mother's while their Digimon looked up at the pool sign in awe.
  Nino and Kamemon jammed out with Luka as Renamon watched Alya and Marinette celebrate the day of revelry to come. The group quickly entered the pool building and before anyone else could even reach the locker room door Kim was already half naked and diving into the pool in his speedo.
  "Did anyone even see him get undressed?" Alya asked.
  "That's his super power." Alix stated.
  "Still better than Mr. Pigeon." Chloé rolled her eyes.
  Kim swam across and popped up next to Ondine like a seal. Chloé made a mental note to ask Ondine how she trained Kim so well. Marinette made a mental note to smack Chloé for thinking that.
  The students depart to the lockers to change while the Digimon dive right in. Nino exits the lockers to find Kamemon sitting on the bottom of the pool.
  "Man my chill game is lacking how am I ever gonna catch up to that little dude." He laughed and dove in.
  Across the way Alya and Chloé yanked Marinette's arms trying to force the girl out of the locker room.
  "No! I can't do it!" The designer squealed locking her feet against the doorframe.
  "How is she so strong? She doesn't have time to work out!" Alya grunted struggling to pull the smaller girl.
  "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Chloé growled.
  Kagami walked up behind the scene at hand with only a slight quirk of amazement from her brow.
  "If he sees me in this suit he'll think I'm a weirdo, I need to go get my one piece suit this was a terrible idea!" Marinette crammed all these words into about a second of babbling as the other two girls struggled to try to emancipate her from the changing room in her adorable pink polka dot two piece.
  "Pathetic." She sighed. The fencer stepped up behind Marinette.
  "Kagami? Kagami what are you doing?!?" Marinette panicked.
  "Helping." Kagami placed her hands on Marinette's bare sides and Marinette had that brief heart wrenching look of betrayal before Kagami squeezed the other girl's sides making her squeal and release her feet which in turn gave Chloé and Alya all the room they needed to yank Marinette out... and right into the pool.
  The hero of Paris hung briefly over the water's edge thinking she might just be able to catch herself... then Alix rolled by on her rollerblades and gave her the last tap she needed to flip forward into the pool.
  Alya, Chloe and Kagami exchanged a few high fives. This however turned out to also be a trap as Kagami gripped their hands and flung them both into the pool as well.
  "Traitor!"
  "My hair!"
  A chorus of squeals and splashes drew the groups attention as everyone erupted with laughter.
  Kim noted the commotion not being around him and took off like a mad dolphin as Ondine blinked in surprise.
  As the girls laughed and squealed Marinette suddenly let out another shriek as she was hoisted from the water.
  "Hey there ladies having fun?" Kim smirked lifting Marinette all the way out of the water with ease.
  "Hmph the prodigal sea monkey returns." Chloé noted squeezing water from her hair.
  "How could I not, with all the screaming over here I half expected an akuma attack." He laughed.
  "We're all good here Kim just deciding who to dunk first." Marinette said icily.
  "That's what I like to hear." Kim grinned arms primed to grab one of the girls on Marinette's orders.
  "Uh oh!" Chloé gulped.
  "Dive dive!" Alya yelped as the two girls swam away.
  "They think they can escape." Kim chuckled.
  "How foolish." Marinette allowed Kim to place his hands a little precariously on her bottom to throw Marinette gracefully into the water sending her soaring off toward her besties where she leapt out of the water and dunked them both.
  Chloé and Alya floated up to the surface defeated as Marinette, Kim and Kagami exchanged high fives.
  "I think we just got shanghaied." Chloé muttered.
  "That's racist."
  "Don't you start with me Cesaire." Chloé stood up and whistled at the crowd of kids still getting in. "Ivan! Get over here!" She demanded.
   The large boy rolled his eyes and marched over.
  "Uh Chloé" Alya began as the large boy shed his shirt and took a stance like a diver.
  "What's the plan here?"
  Chloé looked at the reporter and smiled. "Mutually assured destruction."
  "Oh fu-
  SPLASH
  On the command of the queen of the school Ivan cannon balled into the pool before Kim and Marinette could figure out what was happening the huge splash blew the designer off the athlete's shoulders and soaked Kagami as well. Sadly it also had the added effect of washing Alya and Chloé away too.
  Mylene and Adrien walked over as the aftermath died down and Mylene slid into the pool to latch onto her boyfriend as he floated by giggling at the scene. Gotsumon jogged over and jumped onto his partner's tummy. Ivan oophed but did not sink as the short rock golem took a seat on him.
  Adrien watched with crossed arms as the battle was decided. "Well that sure was interesting."
  "Girl's play for keeps bro." Nino added next to him.
  "Shall we join them bromigo?" Adrien took a look at the diving board.
  "Duderino you read my mind."
  "Wait here Salamon!" Adrien called as they jogged off.
  "Yeah sure whatever." Salamon was already half asleep next to a heating vent.
  The boys summited the high dive and called the attention of the horse play below.
  "I see that Queen wasp and lady wifi have enlisted the might Stoneheart to their side." Nino dramatically called.
  "Too bad for them Carapace and Aspik are here to ruin their day!" Adrien laughed with glee.
  "Reptile heroes! Go!" The two boys raced down the high dive platform even as the life guard whistled at them and leapt as far as they could.
  KASPLOOSH!!!
  Adrien surfaced first surveying the aftermath of their splash, Nino staying submerged a little longer to get a fist bump from Kamemon at the bottom of the pool.
  The class was all laughing at the 'heroic' display.
  Chloé and Alya made a conscious effort to hold Marinette above water as Adrien approached otherwise she would have sunk being paralyzed in one of her daydreams.
  It wasn't Marinette's fault, how could she be expected to function when he was so perfect. Perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect eyes. Perfect- we're getting off topic. Was that Rose?
  Marinette blinked a few times as she glanced passed Adrien and saw Rose and Juleka talking. Why wasn't Rose in her swim suit? Marinette looked over at the locker room where some of the others were coming out.
  Max, Nathaniel, Marc, Aurore, Rose...
  Marinette shook her head and looked back at Juleka. The goth girl was alone sitting by the side of the pool no Rose in sight. She looked... less than happy. Not that she made it easy to tell but Marinette knew when her friends were upset. Something was definitely wrong but unfortunately Marinette's brain short circuited when a certain blonde boy apppeared in her vision.
  "Hey Marinette you ok?" Adrien asked noting that Marinette was being held afloat by the two other girls.
  "H-H-Hi Adrien." She sputtered out. Why was her brain a smoothie machine? What even was english. Wait shouldn't she be speaking French? Oh god what did this boy do to her?
  "She's fine, just a clutz no matter where she is, I wouldn't be shocked if she could trip under water." Chloé rolled her eyes.
  "My partner has many talents." Lalamon giggled floating by on a little inner tube. Honeybeemon and Ryudamon had likewise found themselves some floaties and we're relaxing in one of the lanes.
  "Well I'm just glad to see you two finally getting along. Oh and love the suit Marinette pink suits you." Adrien gave the most endearing smile and swam off to join Nino and the boys who were all preparing a race.
  The girls moved to one side or rather Alya, Kagami and Chloé did while dragging the still stunned Marinette along with them.
  "He likes my suit." Marinette drooled.
  "I think he killed her." Kagami noted.
  "She'll come back to earth eventually just stick her in a tube with the Digimon." Alya snickered.
  Max stood on the side of the pool with a stop watch as the other boys lined up on the starting blocks.
  Kim, Nino, Adrien, Luka and Ivan all took a starting position.
  "This is gonna be great."
  "Ready! Go!"
   The boys dove in speeding down the pool, Kim and Adrien were out in front the prime athletes in any element. Luka and Nino were close behind but taking it rather easy, Ivan was behind them but impressively not by much his butterfly stroke was immaculate enough to carry him at the heels of the other boys.
  As they hit the far wall and turned around Adrien and Kim were neck and neck.
  "Go Kim!" Ondine called.
  "Go Adrien." Marinette murmured still daydreaming.
  The kids all cheered as the boys neared the wall.
  Kim kicked it into high gear in the last few yards speeding ahead using his experienced technique to edge out Adrien's natural talent.
  "Winner!" Max called holding Kim's arm up or rather hanging from it like a cat poster as Kim raised it.
  "Man I'm out of shape." Nino panted. "I thought being a super hero was supposed to be good exercise."
  "I submit to the superior water snake." Luka chuckle bumping Adrien's fist.
  "I need a nap." Ivan sighed as Mylene hugged him.
  "That was amazing Kim." Ondine smiled running up to him.
  "Oh please that was nothing." The remark was courtesy of Alix Kubdel who slid over.
  "How about a real opponent Kim." She smirked.
  "Bring it on." Kim nudged passed Ondine.
  "You vs me." Alix smirked.
  "You're not even wearing a suit, do you even know how to swim?" Kim tried to remember if he'd ever seen Alix in the water.
  "You in the water me on land, swimmer vs skater." Alix stuck up her nose as Lopmon glanced over her shoulders.
  "You're gonna skate a circle around the whole pool?" Even Kim looked skeptical.
  "No I'm gonna skate on the bottom of the pool." The sarcasm was heavy enough that Kim almost sunk.
  Ondine looked ready to protest, this was her idea to bring everyone to the pool and she was being left out.
  "Fine you're on." The monkey boy cracked his neck and made for the wall.
  "Easy win." Alix rolled backwards to a starting spot.
  "This is gonna be interesting." Max adjusted his glasses as the students and Digimon took up spots to watch.
  "Ready! Go!" Max blew a whistle and the two were off only then revealing that Alix still had Lopmon on her back!
  "Is she weighing herself down on purpose?" Adrien quirked a brow.
  "No she's up to something I know that smirk." Chloé narrowed her eyes. She's known Alix the longest of the group having met her ages ago at some fancy gathering or another. Though she never wore the nobility Alix was the daughter of the head of the Louvre and thus the only person in school who might actually be richer than Chloé herself. Having known Alix for that long meant Chloé knew when Alix was planning something and this was exactly one of those times.
  Kim could see Alix catching up even though she had father to go. Land vs water was no contest especially with skates on but she had to traverse the length and width while Kim only had two straight lines.
He reached the wall and began to turn just in time to catch a shadow flying over him.
  "What the!"
  "Holy cow!"
  "I knew it!"
  The class and Digimon, Kim included, all watched in shock as Alix leapt half way across the pool! Kim thought for sure she'd fall in the water when suddenly Lopmon's ears inflated like balloons carrying the small girl to the diving board where she kicked off and landed on the other side!
  "That's why she brought her Digimon?!?" Marinette gaped.
  "Creative I'll give her that." Adrien crossed his arms impressed.
Kim was so stunned he almost forgot what he was doing as he finished his turn and kicked off the wall. He still had less distance but Alix's shock and awe routine had thrown him. His breathing was off. The rhythm of his stroke was faulty. Alix was capitalizing, her speed increased as she hit the last turn or what would be if she didn't do the same move again! Kim watched from the water mid stroke as Alix once again flew through the air like a tiny hang glider and landed on the deck several seconds before Kim touched the wall.
  "Winner!" Max declared raising the short girls arm as high as either of them could.
  The students immediately swarmed Alix praising and panicking at the display of skill and trust between her and her Digimon.
  Kim got out a little peeved but also impressed. He started to speak up when another voice cut him off.
   "That was pretty impressive little lady." A suave voice said from the pool door. "But two on one ain't exactly fair even at your size." The voice belonged to a very strange looking Digimon. About the size of a man but clearly not he looked more like some sort of weird monkey wearing sun glasses and sporting a teddy bear and a microphone tied to his bright red swim trunks.
  "Oh lord not him." Lalamon sighed floating in the pool in an inner tube.
  "Yeah that's right!" Kim huffed crossing his arms. "Mr monkey man is right it's not fair you had your Digimon partner when I don't have one." Kim frowned as Alix shrugged off his arguement with a smirk and a high five from Lopmon's ear.
  "I like your style kid how's about a fair match against yours truly." The monkey struck a pose like a body builder even though he didn't look all that muscular.
  "Who's that Digimon Lalamon?" Marinette asked.
  "That's Etemon, he's... a lot to deal with."
  "Is he dangerous?" Adrien asked.
  "Not so long as he's the center of attention and that's not very often." Salamon rolled his puppy eyes.
  "Why does he sound like Elvis?"
  "He's really... eccentric."
  "Kim you don't have to-" Ondine began but Kim was already marching over to Etemon to strike his own pose.
  "I accept your challenge, what did you have in mind?" Kim flexed his arms and cracked his neck.
  "All this posturing is ridiculous." Chloé rolled her eyes. "I'll be in the hot tub."
  "Wait for me my Queen!" The heiress and her Digimon exited the pool as Kim and Etemon made there way to the diving board.
  "Hey there little man with the note pad." Etemon waved over Nathaniel. "Clearly you have an eye for detail you can be one of our funky judges." The digi ape versed sitting the red headed boy on a deck chair.
  "And let's see... hey I know you!" The monkey mon sauntered over to Adrien. "I've seen your face all of Paris you're that rockin young Model Adrien Agreste right?"
  "My reputation proceeds me." Adrien gave an awkward smile.
  "Perfect you must know what you're doin to be on every sign in the city! You can be judge number two, now we need one more." Etemon looked around.
  Adrien shrugged off that he'd just been recruited without asking but since when was that new. Atleast this seemed fun.
  "Hmm two judges just ain't enough we need three to be fair mmhmhm." Etemon examined the collection of tweens.
  Ondine mustering her courage and trying to spend more time with her boyfriend even at the cost of being a judge for this weird monkey stepped forward to raise her hand.
  "I wi-
  "How about Marinette?" Adrien interjected before Ondine could pipe up.
  "Mari who?" Etemon spun around to the model.
  "Whaaaaa me?!?"
  "Marinette, she's a designer who's even been recognized by my dad for her talent, she even made Jagged Stone's favorite sunglasses." Adrien listed off Marinette's accomplishments as the girl blushed and stammered and tried to say anything.
  And failed.
  "Jagged Stone!" Etemon clapped. "I tried to do a collab with him when I got to this world but I couldn't get passed that assistant of his, she's scarier than greymon's morning breath mmhmhm." Etemon recounted his brief interaction with miss Penny Rolling.
   "If you're good enough for Jagged Stone you're definitely good enough for me!" Etemon gave a thumbs up and sat Marinette down next to Adrien before she could protest. And once she was there she was too busy blushing to argue.
  Kagami leaned over to Alya.
  "Should we do something, she isn't exactly observant when Adrien is next to her, I would know." Kagami recalled her first akumatization.
  "Let's wait and see for now, this should be fun." The young reporter smiled.
  Etemon and Kim scurried off to the diving platform while the other students watched with a mix of concern and intrigue.
  Ondine fumed at being brushed off again, this was her idea to have all their friends over for a pool day and she was being over shadowed by a teeny tiny tomboy and a monkey Elvis impersonator! It was enough to drive someone mad!