tired goddess gets a back massage from her gf (kaimāna/healani)

Deities are very, very busy people, and rarely have time to relax. So naturally, when they do get time off, they prefer to spend it doing things they actually like doing. And for a tired, grumpy, Kaimāna, what she wanted to do was spend some much-needed time with her partner, Healani.

---

"Kai'! You're back!"

A small smile grew onto Kaimāna's face when she heard their sweet voice, the warm air of heaven creating a rather nice sensation against her aching eyes.

"Salutations." she replied, and Healani drew her into a hug.

"I missed you a lot, you know. It's been a while since I last saw you." they rambled. Kaimāna didn't mind. Their voice was like a lullaby.

"...You saw me yesterday?"

"For a couple of minutes! I remember when we used to spend all the time in the world together..." they spoke, then their voice grew quieter, "I miss those days."

"I miss them too... but, I believe you'll be happy to know that I can spend a little longer here today.".

The hug abruptly ended when Healani heard the news, causing Kaimāna to wince in pain. If there was one thing the aura of heaven didn't soothe, it was the growing pain in her back.

"Really!? This is amazing! Why?"

"The vice captain said they could keep control over the crew for a couple hours, and I doubt anyone in the gatehouse would dare to escape." she explained, "But may I request you be a little more gentle? My back has been aching as of recent."

"Then..." they seemed to think for a moment, "Aha! I could give you a back massage!".

It was a silly idea, an idea Kaimāna wouldn't've even indulged in herself, mainly because she knew it wouldn't do anything in the long run. But, she'd play along for Healani's sake.

"Really? Where did you get that idea from?"

"Well, I was invited to a performance today, in Level 4, yes?" they started.

"Mhm."

"And I wanted to know what they did afterward to ease any pain they may have, and they taught me how to give people massages. Apparently I'm a natural."

"I don't disbelieve them. It seems in your nature to be talented in that field.". They were probably talented at everything, actually, now that Kaimāna thought about it.

"Well, the only way we're going to know is if we actually give you a massage, yes?" Healani said, trying to hide their eagerness, and doing so quite well. You'd only know they were looking forward to it if you were close to them.

"Of course, of course. Where will we be going?"

"I'll lead the way.".

---

Eventually, they both arrived at an enclosed space - not necessarily a building per say, but rather, a circle of trees and bushes. The place was decorated with a round table, a chair to match, books that were strewn across the aforementioned table, shelves lined with a couple of jars containing herbs and flowers, and a small sofa to the right of the shelves.