Endgame: Chapter 06

Vanessa, Thor, and Rocket land in Asgard 2013. They moved through the prison in Asgard, where they see Loki, sitting in his cell. Without him noticing they all creep past his cell. They stop a few meters away from Jane Foster's room. "That's Jane," Thor says. "All right. Here's the deal, Tubby: You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing, while Vanessa distracts the guards outside. Then we extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split" Rocket explains. "Sounds good to me," said Vanessa.

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups..." Thor says as he begins to walk away. "Hey! Thor no! Aren't you drunk enough as it is?" Vanessa asks as she moves to grab Thor and pull him back.

Suddenly the door opens and they all try to hide. Lady Frigga walks in. "Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asks. "It's my Mother. She dies today" Thor says. "Oh good God," Vanessa whispers to herself. "Oh. That's today?" Rocket says thinking the same thing as Vanessa. "I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea" Thor says as he begins to panic. "Come here" Rocket motions. "No, no, no. I think I'm having...I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here...this is...this is bad-" Thor continues. "Come here. Right here" Rocket says as he slaps Thor in the face.

"Thor you have to get it together. This isn't only about you man. This is about getting back the trillions of lives that are gone across the Universe. I get it's hard being back here, where you are reminded of everything that you lost, but your, not the only person who lost people" Vanessa tells Thor. "I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone. Now, I get you to miss your Mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them. So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?" Rocket finishes.

Thor suddenly begins to calm down, only to begin to tear up. "Are you crying?" Rocket asks. "No...Yes!" Thor says. "Get it together! You can do this. You can do this. All right?" Vanessa encourages. "Yes, I can," Thor says to himself. "Good." Vanessa and Rocket begin to walk towards Jane's room as Thor stays behind. "I can do this. I can do it, I can't do this" Thor says as he runs away. "Alright, Heartbreaker. She's alone. This is our shot. Thor? Thor! Aaagh!!!" Exclaims Rocket. He turns to look at Vanessa and asks, "You charm her while I extract The Aether." Vanessa nods.

Vanessa goes and knocks on Jane's door and waits for someone to answer. It takes a minute before the door opens and a woman with light brown hair and hazel eyes stands in front of her. "Hello, you must be Jane Foster. My name is... Melinoe" Vanessa says, slightly cringing at the only name she thought of, "I was sent by Lady Frigga to assist you in any way I can. May I come in?" "Of course, yes," Jane says. Vanessa walks in and further opens the door. As soon as Jane turns around she motions for Rocket to get inside. "I have ordered some food for you, it will arrive in a couple of minutes. Is there anything else I can get for you?" Vanessa asks.

"Oh I'm not really hungry, but thank you. Wait, is there any chance that some more comfortable clothes, as beautiful as these dresses are they are not really my thing. You have a lovely outfit by the way, do you think I can get some pants like those." Vanessa looks down at her outfit, she had forgotten that she indeed did have pants on, unlike everyone else in Asgard that had dressed. Vanessa was about to answer when Jane suddenly exclaimed in pain, "Ouch!" "Are you alright?" Vanessa asked. "Something just poked me." She looked down at her arm and saw a small dot of blood. Vanessa knew that Rocket had collected The Aether and it was time to go. "How about you lay down and get some rest. I'll be right back with a glass of water for you" Vanessa said rather quickly.

As soon as she opened the door she was met with one of Asgard's guards. "Good evening," Vanessa says, "I was just checking up on Lady Jane, on orders of Lady Frigga." "Nobody is allowed inside the room," the guard says. "Well, I had my orders. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get Lady Jane some food." Before she could walk away the guard grabbed Vanessa's arm.

Without even thinking she punched him in the face and turned to Rocket, "Run!" They both began to run away from the Asgardian soldiers that were chasing them. "Thor! We got it" yells Rocket. "Get the girl and the rabbit!" Yells one of the Asgardian soldiers. "It's none of my business" Vanessa hears Frigga says. "Hey. You must be Mom. We got the thing. Come on, we got to move" Rocket says. "Your Majesty," Vanessa says with a slight head nod.

Thor is still with his mother "I wish we had more time" says Thor. "No, this was a gift. And you're going to be the man you're meant to be" says Frigga. " I love you, Mom." "I love you. And eat a salad." "Come on. We gotta go" Rocket tells Thor. "Goodbye," Frigga whispers. "Three... two..." Vanessa begins the countdown. "No, wait!" Thor interrupts her as he holdout his hand. "Wh- what am I looking at?" Rocket asks Frigga. "Oh, sometimes it takes a second." Suddenly Mjolnir appears as Thor happily says, "I'm still worthy." "Oh, boy" complains Rocket. "Goodbye, Mom" Thor calls out. "Goodbye," Frigga whispers. Their Quantum Suit activates and they shrink back to the present days.