˜*•.𝚘𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

The elevator let out a small 'ding', alerting him of his arrival. He didn't dare take the elevator to the penthouse so as not to draw unwanted attention to himself. Instead, he got off three floors beneath hers. 

There were two staircases accessible to the public in case of an emergency. But to avoid the risk of running into an unknown passerby, he opted to use the narrow staircase hidden inside the electrical room. However, he required a four-digit pin to unlock the electrical padlock on the front of the door.

"Mikey. Do you copy?"

"Yes. What's the situation?"

"I'm inside. I need you guys to hack into the system to deactivate the lock."

"Finished. Now hurry up. Chifuyu will be waiting for you on the roof with the helicopter."

He clicked off his earpiece and pushed open the once-locked door. Ascending the stairs, he tried his best to keep quiet, but the creaky, old, metal staircase was working against him. Once he was on her floor, he listened carefully for any movement by the front of the door. After hearing nothing, he picked the lock, opened the door, and maneuvered his way through the apartment.

"Aha. Stop! Come on, let's just watch a movie or something," a feminine voice giggled.

Baji moved quickly to the kitchen and crouched, taking the time to secure the silencer on his gun. As her bedroom wasn't too far from the kitchen, it would only take him a few seconds to be inside.

"No, I don't want to watch a movie. I've been waiting for you for a long time. Let's have sex tonight like we planned," the man pleaded.

"I don't feel like it tonight. Maybe another time; I'm just not in the mood," she said, her voice laced with irritation. Baji was right outside her bedroom door, waiting for the right moment to strike.

"What a bitch. You tell me to come all the way here to watch a fucking movie? I could've done that shit at my own house." The man in the room started to yell at her. Baji felt slightly annoyed that he was making this much of a commotion over sex. 

Killing this pest would be in everyone's best interest, he thought.

He took one last deep breath before pushing the bedroom door open, scanning the room for the male. He spotted him on the bed, aimed his gun, and shot him in the head without a second thought.

"OH MY GOD!" the woman screamed, clearly in shock.

Seeing her up close, Baji took a moment to appreciate her features, but that was cut short when she started throwing random objects at him.

Baji rolled his eyes and walked towards her, causing her to panic even more. She began throwing books, vases, and anything else she could get her hands on.

"G-get back!" she screamed, continuing to throw objects at the intimidating man walking toward her.

"Shut up," he replied, avoiding the objects. She didn't stop until he grabbed her wrists, forcing the picture frame out of her hand. "A picture frame? Really?"

"I'll scream and alert the whole building," she nervously said, tears forming in her eyes.

She can't fight?

"So do it!" His hair, which was originally tucked behind his left ear, fell in front of his face, restricting his visibility. 

"I-I," she began, but no words came out. She was frozen in place, looking back and forth between the man in front of her and her now-dead hookup.

"I-I what? Cat got your tongue? Pathetic." He turned his gun around, hitting her in the head with the blunt end, which caused her to fall onto the soft, carpeted floor.