1⸙┆SAVING THE WEIRD GIRL

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀"Keanne!" You greeted back with a grin. "Nice to see you stopping by to help."

⠀⠀Keanne rolled her eyes playfully before pulling away. "Uhh, no. I'm not here to help, you know that."

⠀⠀You chuckled. "I know. So what brings you here?"

⠀⠀"To tell you that to stop helping others because you're not a counselor and have some fun."

⠀⠀"I am having fun."

⠀⠀"By giving out those shirts?"

⠀⠀Edric snickered. "(Y/n)'s boring."

⠀⠀Keanne and Edric high-fived behind your back causing you to frown. "Okay, you two, that's just mean. I can be fun too, you know."

⠀⠀Keanne smirked. "Oh, really? You can't even write 'hello' or one line at the outhouse stalls."

⠀⠀"Because that's vandalism."

⠀⠀"See? No fun." Edric grinned.

⠀⠀"Well, I'm here to inform you that Sheila and her gang are in the woods chasing after that weird Shadysider girl," Keanne informed. "I heard Sheila's gonna hang the weird girl to the tree where the witch was hung."

⠀⠀Your eyes widened when you realized who she was talking about. You turned to your brother. "I'm gonna go for a bit. Do you mind helping the others to give out the shirts?"

⠀⠀Edric shrugged. "I can do that."

⠀⠀You smiled. "Thanks, buddy." You patted his shoulder and turned around to Keanne. "Watch him for me."

⠀⠀Keanne opened her mouth but you sprinted off to the woods to find Sheila leaving your friend with Edric. Keanne sighed. "Man, that girl has no hesitation in saving that weird girl." Keanne looked down at Edric who was minding his own business. "Damn it, why do I get the babysitting job."

⠀⠀Edric glared at Keanne who just chuckled and ruffled with his hair. "Nah, it's alright. You're a cool kid anyway so you're tolerable, Mini Roberts."

⠀⠀You traveled through the trees until you finally found the tree with a bunch of people around it and a girl with her hands tied up to a branch.

⠀⠀"You do know what they did to Sarah Fier, right?" You heard Sheila asked the redhead. "They hanged her, from this very tree. But she'd have died forever if you did what you always do to witches... you burn them."

⠀⠀You watched behind a trunk of a tree as Sheila faced one of her friends making you see her bloody nose like the redhead. "Give me your lighter!"

⠀⠀"What?" The boy, Will, asked.

⠀⠀"Give it to me!" Sheila demanded angrily and impatiently.

⠀⠀Will reluctantly gave Sheila his lighter while the red-haired girl's eyes widened in fear. Sheila turned to her two other friends. "Now, hold her legs."

⠀⠀"Seriously, Sheila?" The girl with a red ribbon, Becky, asked in disbelief.

⠀⠀"Do it!" Sheila exclaimed.

⠀⠀The other girl, Annie, didn't participate but watched helplessly while the girl with a red ribbon and the boy held the redhead's legs up. "No, no, no! Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!" The redhead pleaded.

⠀⠀"Shut up, you witch."

⠀⠀"Sheila! You made your point." Annie said as she tried to stop her.

⠀⠀"Don't! Don't!" The red-haired girl exclaimed to Sheila.

⠀⠀"Sheila, it was only ten bucks," Will said still holding the redhead's legs with Becky.