Awsten steps into the recording booth once again, preparing to record the last set of vocals for the bridge and last chorus.

"From outer space the street looks small, so small I wanna, drop it right—" He inhales sharply, softening his voice, "now, you're one of my favourite few," Awsten begins to smile as he closes his eyes. "Can't stop me right now, like you'd even want to."

He's glad that no one can see his face, because he knows that someone— likely Geoff— would begin questioning him relentlessly.

The dim recording booth lighting, and the tinted glass separating Awsten from the outside, allows him a few moments to smile to himself as he sings, drinking in the image of Ashley that's at the forefront of his mind.

Everyone shoots him a grin when he steps out, and they listen back to the vocals, tightening a few things up.

Geoff and Otto head out for a break to grab some coffee; they invite Awsten, but he insists on sticking around to continue working on the song, hoping to get it finished by the end of the day.

When they return, Awsten is sat at the keyboard, fiddling around with a few notes to add in some layers.

"Got a title yet?" Geoff asks, placing Awsten's coffee beside him.

"Mhm," he hums in response, earning an expectant look. "Pink."

"Pink?" Geoff raises an eyebrow.

"Yep," Awsten confirms. "Sounds pink. So, it's Pink."

"Got ya," Geoff nods, before pausing to listen to the notes he's playing across the keys. "So, this one's about Ashley, huh?"

Awsten turns to him with an alarmed look, trying to sputter out a response.

"Wha— How did you...Why would you think it's about Ashley?"

Geoff rolls his eyes, lightheartedly, shooting him a half-glare.

"Come on, Awsten," he chuckles. "I've only noticed it more recently, but I see how you are around her," Geoff elaborates, quietly, his tone slightly more serious, to which Awsten gives up on the clueless facade. "And I know y'all had some kind of conversation the other day," he shrugs, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, it was..." Awsten pauses, letting out a sigh. "I don't know. I think we need to talk it out more when we get home."

"That's probably a good idea," Geoff nods. "It's a hard thing to work through, having feelings for someone you've known for so long. I mean, I noticed it from you first, I think," he begins to ramble. "But, then I saw her looking at you the same way, and I just knew. She was shocked at first— that I realised she liked you. But, then I was shocked at just how long she'd actually liked you for. Honestly, man, it's like you two were just—"

"Hold up, what?" Awsten stops him, his eyes widening.

Geoff looks at him oddly, prepared to repeat what he'd said, before pausing and realising what he's done.

"Oh..." he responds. "She didn't like, confess to you, did she?"

"No, she didn't!" Awsten's jaw drops, unsure of where to look or what to do.