~Moth Has Gone Live~

"Hey guys," Fern spoke softly, but their smile was completely clear in their voice. On their stream, a small animation played. "We'll play in just a bit, but I wanted to answer some of the question's I've been sent this past week or two."

Chat went by in a whirl, and Fern refused to check how many people were watching them fumble with their words at that moment.

"So, first, trigger warning, guys. Please stay safe, because there's gonna be some not-fun things in this stream. The points aren't worth it, I promise."

Fern cleared their throat, humming along to the background music for a moment before deciding people had been warned.

"So," Fern clapped their hands, laughing a little. "My parents and brother were abusive. My dad is the one who pulled my shoulder out of it's socket, which is why the group came to visit in the first place."

Markimoo; i'm sorry!! i'm glad you're out of there now!

RcksinmyGreenTea; me to ur parents o(`Д'*)o

whisperman; you're out now, right?

"But," Fern smiled, reading through all of their comments again. "I got lucky. I've got some amazing friends, guys, and they care a lot about me. They got me a lawyer and protected me when we told them that we were getting me out. Obviously I'm not completely unscathed, but I'm honestly not that mad about it. I'm living my best Connor Murphy life, minus the you-know-what," They laughed.

GregortheOverlander; i was gonna say--

halfmagic; MOTH???

tenn1n3eight; youre insufferable

"And I'm out now! I'm out of Bismarck, and I'm glad to say I'm not planning on going back any time soon," They lied, but it was alright. Just a white lie, to protect them and their friends. "I'm in Florida now, and while you all guess who took me in I'm going to get some tea and he's gonna entertain you against his will."

"Yes?" Dream groaned, letting Fern pull him into their room and plopping into their seat tiredly.

"Entertain, please," They smiled, patting him on the head before immediately leaving. Dream sighed, glad the chat couldn't see how he was smiling.

"Guys," He groaned. "I can't believe it-- this kid just showed up at my house, and they were like 'hey I've got trauma, help?' and I said yes because obviously I'm a good person but now they're holding me hostage and we've watched every Saw movie like twenty times and they've filled my fridge with tea-- not even good tea, either! It's the sugar free shit from peace tea-"

"Dream," Fern snorted, leaning against the door frame and watching him jump before erupting into laughter. "Stop lying to my chat, jerk," Dream put his hands up, vacating their spot and letting them sit back down.

"I did no such thing," He laughed, trying not to do the wheeze. Fern had declared they'd poke him every time he did.

"Mhm," They hummed, watching their chat whiz by with farewells for him. "They don't appear to care."

Dream snapped his fingers, smiling to Fern and backing up to the door.

"Oh, well," He spoke a little louder and hoped the mic would pick it up. "A guy can try."

Fern rolled their eyes, turning back to the computer.

"So, yeah," They laughed and shook their head, sipping on the tea. "That's my new housemate. His name's Dream and he's annoying. But really, he and everyone else who helped me get out of there, they're all great."

Marklemoor; rip dre, led a good life while he was here

hairytoothbrush; i thought he was homeless ???

silentisle; GOOD FRIENDS POG

"And before we play, because I really think it's important that you guys hear this, I just want to tell you all that the lowest is lowest for a reason. Whether you're going through what I was or not, I promise it can only go up once you hit rock bottom. And you may dip down a few times, but do as the little engine that could do and keep going.

You can do it. I believe in you all, even if you don't believe in yourselves. You're all safe here whenever you need an escape. DPDR has taught me how to be good at that, after all," They laughed, breaking out of the 'serious voice' they'd plastered on to talk.

"Now who wants to see me destroy some children in Bedwars?" They yelled, watching with a smile as their chat cheered with them.

This was all Fern had ever wanted. People to call their family, a place to be themselves, a place where they were safe. They were finally home.

~

Moth [@moth_]

hi guys! now that the stream is over, i want to remind you all how much you mean to me and how much i really want you to feel safe in my community. please clip moments from my streams and use them whenever you're having a tough time because i know just as well as you all that hearing someone important to you say they care is really helpful, and (1/3)

-->Moth [@moth_]

i'm tired of acting like saying that makes me sound stuck up because i've been told so many times that I help people and that's all i've ever wanted to do. i love you all, and though i don't know you all personally you do still mean the entire world to me. streaming has gotten me through things i'll never speak of again, and whether you were my first viewer or (2/3)

--> Moth [@moth_]
if you just found my account and still don't know if i'm the kind of creator you're looking for, i want you all to know that in my community and in my chat you're all at home. if the house you live in isn't home, you can come to me. that's all i want to provide, and for those who've already found it, thank you for being here :)

[comments are turned off.]

~

final authors note for bugs!

hi guys! it's bee, the author of this mess of a story, for the last time. unless you're planning on reading any of my other works.

i really want to thank you all for joining me on the rollercoaster that this story has been and for sticking with me through my, what, three month break?

in the time it's taken me to write this book, i've dyed my hair fifty times over and grown an inch. in the time i've been working on this, ranboo had hit four million subscribers on youtube and crossed 100K active subs on twitch and Dream has hit i don't even know how many subscribers. this book grew with me and with the creators that i and many others have taken so much comfort in, and i just want to thank you all again for being here with me for it all.

and if you're here after this book is done with, hi! thank you for reading at all, even if you weren't even in the fandom when i finished this!

you all mean the world to me, and this world and the characters in it mean just as much, and i'm really glad you've all been here with me to see it grow.

that being said, though, there are a few loose ends with this. specifically the 'canon' and lore story, which will be continued in a separate book! you're by no means obligated to read it, i completely understand if it's not your style, but I figured I should let everyone know should they want to find out what happened with quackity's baby and such. that, unlike this story, will hopefully continue until i get it to a point that ends where i'd like it.

that being said, all i ask is for a couple weeks to get it set up and fully ready. after the break i took in this book, i'm terrified of publishing another and being unable to continue it again. just a bit of patience is all i ask for, and i hope that you have a good day even if you can't provide it.

also, i might pop in occassionally with little scenarios of moth and how they're doing now that they're at dream's house ;)

so for the last time, thank you all so much for reading bugs, and i hope you all go out and touch grass or something i don't know

-bee :)