Bell Tower 1 Part 41

Comenzar desde el principio

"Peterkin looked out for me, for us," John B reminded them, looking back at his sister, "At least she tried to.  They need to know what happened to her," he told them before getting out of the car.

Watching John B enter the police station Coral sighed, "He's going to be okay, right?"

"You said it yourself last night.  Who's  gonna believe us?" JJ reminded her, "Hey, easy there chief," he laughed looking at Pope who was coughing as he took another hit.

"Pope, maybe you should calm down with that," Kie suggested, "It can be pretty potent for someone who doesn't smoke," she reminded him.

"Stop pretending you care, Kie," Pope moaned.

"What the fuck does that," Kie started to say before being interrupted by John B yelling.

"Kie, Kie, start the car!"

"What?" Kie questioned, looking out her window at John B running from the police station towards the car.

"Go, Kie, go!  I told you guys!" JJ yelled, as John B scrambled into the car.

Holding the door shut to prevent a deputy from opening it John B was yelling for Kie to drive.  Putting the car in gear Kie sped off with the deputy clinging to the door.

"Open the door.  Shake her off," Pope yelled.  Forcing the door open John B was able to shake her off causing her to fall but letting them get away.

"Oh God, what the fuck happened?" Coral questioned looking at her brother. 

"They think I did it.  They think I killed Peterkin," he told them. 

"How the hell does that happen?"

"Ward," Coral realized, "Ward must've told them it was you.  I mean think about it he's not gonna say it was Rafe and he had proof you were on the runway when you left The Twinkie there."

"But Sarah was there," Kie reminded them, "She knows what happened."

"You think she's gonna go against her father? What fucking planet do you live on?"

"JJ," Coral hissed glaring at the boy.  "It's fucking true," he muttered.

"Well what now?" Pope questioned. 

"There's an old carport set back from the road out by my house.  We lay low there till the morning and then we get to the ferry and get you guys off island," JJ suggested. 

As JJ gave Kie directions Coral sat across from him in the hatch glaring at him.  After Kie backed into the carport and shut off the car Coral climbed over the seat kicking Pope and John B as she did so. 

"What the fuck Coral?" John B snapped as she shoved his door open and climbed over him to get out. 

"I need some fucking air," she hissed over her shoulder before walking off into the woods as John B called after her.  "It's dark, Coralina."

Walking a few feet into the woods she leaned against a tree tilting her head up to look through the thick branches.  She could see a few stars winking through the branches.

"What's up?"

Sighing she knew he'd follow her. 

"I'm apparently leaving the island?"